Alpha-Clermont Road

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:35
ThreadID: 117032 Views:2320 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, just wondering if anyone has been on the back road from Clermont to Alpha recently? If so what condition is it in and how much dirt is there? We are planning on going this way in our Navara and Kimberley Kamper in early April.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony F8 - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 18:29

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 18:29
Says its open with caution, best is to ring a couple of places in alpha or clermont, ie: council, newsagent, they should have the most up to date info.
AnswerID: 549843

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 21:23

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 21:23
Lab,

Probably get more joy doing as Tony suggested, than wait on a reply on here.

It used to be a little used road, except for station people, but Gina Reinhardt's new big coal mine is up there now so sure to be a lot of mining traffic. Believe there is about 60kms of black stuff north of Alpha, the remainder dirt, gravel.

There has been good scattered storms through that area over the past few weeks, so that might have some bearing on condition of the gravel in early April. You know, wheel tracks and maybe washed out bridge and flood way approaches, and whether the graders have been on it prior to Easter.

There's a number of stations along that road that used to belong to Stanbroke Pastoral Co. and they would, as other properties too, have had a lot of road trains moving along there, delivering and turning off cattle. A 4wd should be able to go where a road train can, eh? :-)

Don't reckon you'd have any trouble with your Navara and KK.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 549851

Reply By: Lab on board - Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 11:06

Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 11:06
thanks for the info guys, i have got info from a relative who owns a property on that road and they said its all good atm. once again thanks for all the help
AnswerID: 549878

Sponsored Links