(Very) secure camper storage near Perth airport

Submitted: Monday, Mar 16, 2015 at 14:04
ThreadID: 117086 Views:3307 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
In the middle of our winter travels this year, we have to fly out of Perth for a couple of weeks for an overseas wedding, leaving behind our vehicle and camper trailer.

We have friends near Geraldton with whom we can store the camper (and leave vehicle in the long term car park at the airport).

But.......does anyone know of a secure storage facility near to the airport, where we can safely leave our gear without fear of theft or vandalism.

Thanks
Wildmax
2018 Hilux and Black Wolf 210 tent - for the outback tracks less travelled
Formerly an AOR Eclipse and a TVan

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: humpback - Monday, Mar 16, 2015 at 15:31

Monday, Mar 16, 2015 at 15:31
Hi Wildmax
We have just come back from 8months on the west coast and one of the best parks we stayed at was Advent Park
345 Kalamunda Road
Maida Vale
08 94545327
They allow full rigs to be stored and they are just a short distance from the airport,there were quiet a few rigs stored there,not sure of the price but they did tell me and i thought that was very cheap.
Cheers
Humpback
AnswerID: 550066

Follow Up By: Member - Wildmax - Monday, Mar 16, 2015 at 16:33

Monday, Mar 16, 2015 at 16:33
Sounds promising - will make contact to check it out further. Kind regards
Wildmax

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 835494

Reply By: Ron N - Tuesday, Mar 17, 2015 at 00:26

Tuesday, Mar 17, 2015 at 00:26
Wildmax - Here's a couple of self-storage places that will store vehicles and caravans.

Airport Self Storage

National Storage - Embleton

I can't tell you the storage costs for a vehicle and camper at these places - but the Airport location will probably be more expensive.
The one at Embleton is close to the Tonkin Hwy and just a short run to Perth Airport.

These places do insist that no flammables be stored in their units, so you have to ensure that there's no gas in bottles or petrol in containers in the vehicle or camper.

They are both very secure storage facilities, with camera monitoring around the clock, and tight security.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 550088

Reply By: Member - mike g2 - Tuesday, Mar 17, 2015 at 00:52

Tuesday, Mar 17, 2015 at 00:52
hi wildmax, assume that the camper to Geraldton and then vehicle at Perth airport? not been out near G airport, but there may be storage - Google it or call Geraldton tourist bureau enquiries. definitely storage in town/ semi industrial area of G.
Perth domestic has variety of storage, short and long term and 'secure' vehicle storage area . Nearby Belmont/Ascot has as well. Coming from a security and military background, I wouldn't expect any facility to be completely safe, usual measures taken to make it harder to steal/damage will do- canvas covered, cable locks, car alarm ( yes I had one put into a van once) , tow ball locks etc... what do you think of T van?
MG.
AnswerID: 550089

Follow Up By: Member - Wildmax - Tuesday, Mar 17, 2015 at 15:32

Tuesday, Mar 17, 2015 at 15:32
Thanks Mike, will have a look at those.
Re the TVan, it has been fantastic - we've done a lot of very remote travelling (central deserts, Cape, Gulf, Kimberley etc) and it's followed the Hilux anywhere we want to go; up and down sand dunes, over rocks and mud and through rivers. Can't recommend TVan highly enough if you're into serious off-road travel.
Cheers
Wildmax

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 836551

Reply By: Flighty ( WA ) - Tuesday, Mar 17, 2015 at 15:03

Tuesday, Mar 17, 2015 at 15:03
Wildmax
sent mm
Cheers
Flighty

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 551112

Follow Up By: Member - Wildmax - Tuesday, Mar 17, 2015 at 15:33

Tuesday, Mar 17, 2015 at 15:33
Thanks, got it. Will give you a call or txt.
Cheers
Wildmax

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 836552

Sponsored Links