Cassette Toilet

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 21, 2015 at 14:23
ThreadID: 117153 Views:2017 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has had a problem with flushing on a Thetford Cassette C200 toilet,and what the fix is ??. When the flush button is pressed,it starts the pump but only a little bit of water comes out,then nothing more,I was wondering if it was the valve that is in there,according to the diagrams there is one under the seat ??
Thanks
John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Chooky and Wobble - Saturday, Mar 21, 2015 at 15:02

Saturday, Mar 21, 2015 at 15:02
We havent had that trouble but we did get a type of algie start to grow in flush tank. Mixed some domestos into water and then flushed it and it cleared up. It didnt block it but came close.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 551334

Follow Up By: Member - Bigred13 - Saturday, Mar 21, 2015 at 15:16

Saturday, Mar 21, 2015 at 15:16
Thanks , Chooky for your thoughts,but ours does not have flush tank ,the water comes via normal pump from belly tanks .
FollowupID: 836806

Reply By: member - mazcan - Saturday, Mar 21, 2015 at 16:26

Saturday, Mar 21, 2015 at 16:26
hi bigred13
i would suggest it's the valves and or diaphram in your pump that are faulty
i had to clean one out for a friend his has red sediment in it out of doggy water that had been put in the tank
also clean the inline filter if it has one ?? that maybe blocked and not letting water through check the filter first
if there is one otherwise the dirt will be in the pump valves etc as mentioned
i presume you have water in the tank.`??and the tank breather isnt blocked by hornets nests ?? it will be one or the other or all of above imho hope this helps
cheers
AnswerID: 551344

Reply By: Member - mepvic - Sunday, Mar 22, 2015 at 14:17

Sunday, Mar 22, 2015 at 14:17
Hi John.

We had a problem with a PPQ-145 Thetford. Ours is the basic model with a hand pump. Pump stopped working.
They have a decent warranty period of 2-3 years I think. Ring the supplier - a company called Cequent. They are part of the Hayman Reece group. 1800 812 017. They were very helpful and told us to go to any Ray's outdoors in Melbourne, or anyone that sells them and swap it for a new one. Told us to have Rays ring Cequent if there was any hassle.

Swapped it over, no hassle, great service.
AnswerID: 551393

Reply By: Member - Bigred13 - Sunday, Mar 22, 2015 at 15:12

Sunday, Mar 22, 2015 at 15:12
Hi to all and many thanks for your replies ,I have found the problem why the toilet would not flush. There is an electrical solenoid under the seat which operates the pump irrespective if the 12v switch is on or off,and in that solenoid there is a very fine screen,which I found to be blocked,with white calcium type stuff,blew it out in reverse flow and cleaned screen and works great again now,nearly $100 for a new solenoid, thankfully not this time.It is a real pain in the A.... ,to get at but all is good ,so I have fitted an inline screen now to the toilet,which can be easily cleaned in the future.

Thanks again
John
AnswerID: 551395

Follow Up By: Member - mike g2 - Monday, Mar 23, 2015 at 00:29

Monday, Mar 23, 2015 at 00:29
thanks bigred
-good point for other users, sounds like the dissolved 'salts' in water are crystallising onto fine mesh. algae is also a problem.
we found 1/2" of white calcium build-up in bottom of kettle after last trip up north- local water is high% from ground aquifers . toilets usually filled from local supplies. evaporation and stasis can cause deposits.
perhaps run some CLR or expresso kleen thru occasionally ( mild acids).
MG.
FollowupID: 836897

Sponsored Links