Shipito

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 22, 2015 at 09:25
ThreadID: 117165 Views:1966 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Good Morning everybody
Im interested in anybody who uses Shipito to get parts out of the states,is it worth the $50 dollars a year or are there other aspects that they dont tell you until you join.
Cheers
Humpback
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - wicket - Sunday, Mar 22, 2015 at 10:44

Sunday, Mar 22, 2015 at 10:44
can't help with shipto but do you know that Australia Post have a similar system , no joining or annual fees
Auspost Shopmate
AnswerID: 551381

Reply By: Ron N - Sunday, Mar 22, 2015 at 10:58

Sunday, Mar 22, 2015 at 10:58
G'day Humpback - I guess you mean Shipito? I've never tried them, they look interesting enough, but if they're using Bitcoin as acceptable currency, as they state, they're going to suffer serious losses and go broke.
Bitcoin is nothing but a scam currency used by drug dealers and money launderers. It's unregulated and it has no guarantees or backing by any authority or Govt or nation. As a result, I'd be wary of using any company who accepts it.

Cheers, Ron.

AnswerID: 551382

Follow Up By: SDG - Sunday, Mar 22, 2015 at 20:53

Sunday, Mar 22, 2015 at 20:53
Legality of bitcoin by country
FollowupID: 836885

Reply By: Sigmund - Sunday, Mar 22, 2015 at 18:36

Sunday, Mar 22, 2015 at 18:36
Used them for about a year for US purchases. From memory there's a cheaper option with them. Sometimes I've saved real money on postage, sometimes not much but when you can't get it shipped direct from the retailer due to restraint of trade practices ...
Certainly worth letting small items accumulate for consolidation.
It's good to have a choice of delivery modes, which many online retailers won't give you.

As an eg. of money saving, a small item was quoted by the seller as costing AUD 70 to post direct. I got them to send it with free bonus postage to my Shipito address in Nevada, and then surface mail to Oz was about USD 10 and I opted for delivery insurance of USD 7. Took about 2 weeks to arrive.

Downside is that a lot of US retailers use unnecessarily large envelopes and boxes and forwarding to Oz runs on a volumetric system, so you pay. But you can get items repackaged and/or consolidated for a price. You get two photos when an item arrives at Shipito and I think parcel size so that's data for the decision.
AnswerID: 551410

Reply By: Echucan Bob - Thursday, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:18

Thursday, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:18
I used them heavily and they were very good. A few months ago I noted shipping cost seemed to increase in comparison with alternatives so I no longer use them. You don't need to pay $50 up front. Monthly virtual mail box was about $10.
AnswerID: 551632

Sponsored Links