Rhino bars - Boatloader

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 22:52
ThreadID: 11718 Views:1407 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experience with these , used to carry & load a tinny ? Have had a quick look and am impressed with how they work .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - StevenL - Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 23:44

Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 23:44
My father uses this method to load his 110kg 3.85m quintrex to the top of his 75 series which has a box body on it. He placed an ordinary boat wich on the bullbar and then puts the cable all the way over to the front of the boat which is backed up to the rear of the truck. A rope on each back corner of the boat hooks up to the rack on the roof and it is then just a matter of winching it up and over.

He has a collapsible trailer which is stored under the boat on the roof. When unloading the boat he winches it off and it hangs 3ft of the ground at the back of the truck. He can then take down the parts of the trailer, bolt them together and wheel the trailer under the boat bfore lowering the boat straight onto the trailer. packing up is just the reverse.

You may need to experiment to get the lengths of rope correct and use a couple of buffer between the boat and vehicle (like the ones that keep boats of jetties) but once set up it is very easy for 1 person loading and unloading. Just make sure you are on level ground as the boat can easily slip sidways as it is coming up to vertical (not good!). Depending on how much Rhino charge (pun fully intended!!) and how handy you are, you may save heaps by engineering it yourself.

Steven
AnswerID: 52740

Reply By: Member - ramp - Thursday, Apr 01, 2004 at 10:27

Thursday, Apr 01, 2004 at 10:27
hi lizard, i have one and it works fine is easy to use once set up. 4 hooks and start winching. not cheap, i paid $1250 that did not include putting it together which i think they wanted another $300 for and the H frame bracket that goes on the towbar,it took me a good 6 hrs to build. my tinnie is 3.7metres/80kgs, with 3 boys under 10 at the time it was really only me lifting or when by oneself i figure it was a good investment. cheers rob
AnswerID: 52771

Sponsored Links