Road conditions to Einasleigh Qld

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 08:22
ThreadID: 117203 Views:3795 Replies:2 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Good morning from a very foggy Yungaburra
Has anyone driven to either Oak Rush @ Kidston or further on to Einasleigh and then through to Forsyth & Georgetown towing a high clearance on road caravan recently?
We are thinking of leaving the very beautiful Lakeside Motel & Caravan Park at Yungaburra on Saturday and making our way slowly through to Normanton then down to Adele's Grove and on to Mt Isa.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Regards
PeterM Qld
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Slow one - Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 16:31

Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 16:31
Peter,
I haven't been into Kidston for a few years now but the road was fine for what you have as long as slow and steady is adopted. Ring The Lynd roadhouse for up to date info

The road from The Lynd to Einasleigh should be good as the rodeo is coming up. From Einasleigh to Forsyth has had a lot of work over the past few years to make it easier for road trains carting cattle get over the hills. Much of it is bitumen now if not all of it.

Give the Einasleigh pub a ring and they will give you the latest info as they have had a fair bit of rain through that country.
AnswerID: 551544

Follow Up By: Member - Peter M (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2015 at 13:12

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2015 at 13:12
Thank you Slow one
Will do. Though the boss is now saying she would like to go to Mt Surprise first and then down to Einasleigh
Regards
PeteM
FollowupID: 837034

Follow Up By: Slow one - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2015 at 14:59

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2015 at 14:59
The Mt Surprise to Einasleigh road can be road can pretty corrugatedat times and you have to cross the Einasleigh river about 2 Klms from Eniasleigh which has can be a little deep over the causeway. Again check with the pub.

I have seen a couple of high clearance road vans on that road at different times.
FollowupID: 837042

Follow Up By: Slow one - Thursday, Mar 26, 2015 at 13:35

Thursday, Mar 26, 2015 at 13:35
Peter,
pretty sloppy reply above and I wasn't even drinking.
FollowupID: 837102

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Thursday, Mar 26, 2015 at 15:15

Thursday, Mar 26, 2015 at 15:15
For a look at Einasleigh stop in Mt Surprise and do a day trip. Joe from the Bedrock CP does trips in conjunction with the Savannahlander. Maybe they would have something on if you ask far enough ahead and you can have a ride on the train. We did that last year but they ran a special for us as we were there in a large enough group.

The other offering is their trips to the Lava Tubes. If you organise your trip through them you get a better tour than if you book through the resort out at the tubes. you go out in the bus from the park.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 837110

Reply By: Member Ray M (QLD) - Friday, Mar 27, 2015 at 16:07

Friday, Mar 27, 2015 at 16:07
G'day Peter, all those roads are normally quite good, but rd from Mt Surprise to Einasleigh can be a bit rough, but the crossing over the Enasleigh river will be ok as they have little to no rain, plus it is a solid crossing. If you go that way you will miss Kidston turnoff as you would have to come down from The Lynd. They have a van park at Oaks Rest but not much else, and road is normally good.
Nice camping spot on the way from The Lynd near Carpentaria Downs.
Caravan Park at Einasleigh but no vacancy at Easter as myself and friends book it every Easter for the races and rodeo. Einasleigh hotel has free camping at the back if you patronise the pub.
At Easter population goes from around 20 to around 2500 so quite busy.
If you are there at Easter drop into van park for a drink or two.
I have silver Prado and Jayco Destiny
Cheers Ray
AnswerID: 551676

Follow Up By: Member - Peter M (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 28, 2015 at 08:03

Saturday, Mar 28, 2015 at 08:03
Thank you Ray
After talking to friends and reading the forum comments we have decided to stay on the Tablelands for another two weeks. Though we are leaving Yungaburra and heading to Dimbulah today.
The boss also believed it was still too hot to head west,
We will therefore head towards Einasleigh/Mt Surprise and west to Normanton and Adel's Grove the weekend after Easter. Steady steady.
Maybe we will see your silver prado and Destiny somewhere down the track.
Stay well & stay safe
Peter M (Qld)
FollowupID: 837189

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Saturday, Mar 28, 2015 at 11:27

Saturday, Mar 28, 2015 at 11:27
Notice on Weatherzone, Peter, that Mareeba is going to be around 30 deg for the next week. Georgetown will be a trifle warmer at high 30's for the same period.

We are heading north of Dimbulah for the weekend, and may come South through Almaden, Einsleigh and back across to the Lynd. Imagine our return route will depend on how keen we are to get home, after 4 days of keeping up with daughter and her hubby.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 837207

Sponsored Links