Recent Blog Photo Uploads

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 12:58
ThreadID: 117208 Views:1369 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Folks,

I caused a wee problem last week when I created a new image upload system for our article pages and accidentally linked the upload key to blogs. So people uploading blog photos were seeing problems with wrong images and incorrect tags being installed in their blogs. If this happened to you I am sorry but the issue is now resolved. I am going through the databases and trying to work out what has affected what but just wanting you to know that all is now well.

Dooh David!
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Idler Chris - Vic - Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 13:57

Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 13:57
David, was this new system to address some of the issues that have been raised recently? And what is the situation re image size on uploading? There are still some who resize their photo's and so you usually lose the date it was taken.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 551537

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 14:37

Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 14:37
Chris,

You do not need to resize (provided your connection is not too slow, this will be evident if the uploads stop or crash). If you do resize of course it will reduce the transfer time but we lose other embedded data like camera type, settings, dates, position etc. So we would prefer that you not resize. If you need to resize ensure that the size is greater then 1920x1080 - which is the size we will render images to at the moment, however with new devices hitting the market this may need to be increased hence if we have the full size pic there is not going to be an issue on-going.

The new system was to bring the article content images into the standard photo database. Previously they were is a different legacy system.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 836988

Sponsored Links