Garmin Map Updates

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 19:09
ThreadID: 117215 Views:2034 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Good Evening Everyone

Do you own a Garmin Nuvi that has Lifetime Updates?

Are you having problems with your unit and not able to get any Lifetime Updates?

If your answer is yes, I hopefully have a fix for you.

Back in 2012 I purchased a Garmin Nuvi 2460 that came with the Lifetime free Map Updates offer from Garmin that worked well for the first 2 years. For around twelve months now, every time that I connected the Nuvi to my Mac for Map Updates, the message would come back, No Maps Updates found.

The last couple of times that I have used the Nuvi, a message would appear when the unit was first turned on, telling me that my Maps were out of date, and to either buy the New up to date maps or contact Garmin for help.

I rang their 1300 number today, and was put through to an Asian Call Centre and it was very hard to make sense of what the guy was trying to tell me. I then rang our Rep and told him about my issues. He took my details and true to word, rang me back within 10 minutes with great news.

The answer was very simple, to install the free software update, Garmin Express, connect the Nuvi when prompted to do so, and yes, 6 map updates were installed and now my Garmin has the latest maps for Australia and New Zealand.

So if you have the same issue, install Garmin Express and your problem should be solved. Another bit of great news for Garmin owners also, was that they have received far too many complaints about the Asian Call Centre and were now going to bring back all help here again in Australia, with real Aussie Technicians helping you out.

Cheers

Stephen

Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: garrycol - Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 19:29

Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 19:29
You obviously didn't follow the instructions when you got your GPS as putting Garmin Express on your computer system is part of the setup.

I also bought a Garmin Nuvi at about the same time as you did and Garmin Express was installed on my computer as part of the process. Each time I connect my GPS to the computer Garmin Express activates and updates the GPS software and then the maps.

Never had an issue.

It is a shame that "safety" cameras are not included in map updates - still got to pay for them if you want them updates
AnswerID: 551557

Follow Up By: Member - Trouper (NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 19:35

Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 19:35
You can buy them from GPSOZ at Mona Vale NSW cost $33 just look up their website you can purchase straight off the site
FollowupID: 837000

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 19:37

Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 19:37
Hi Garry

Yes I did install it back back in 2012 and it worked perfect like I said for the first 2 years, updating my Nuvi with no problems at all.

If it was an Express update, there has never been any warning from Garmin.

All is working again the way it was before.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 837001

Reply By: Robin Miller - Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 21:07

Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 21:07
Thanks Stephen - its a pain on the phone isn't it - I have learnt to get a coffee and book before I dial now.

I actually do use Garmin express on 3 units we have and it does work.

I have also tried to make waypoints visible but without success so far as new units restrict them even further.

All our group still mostly stick with our Garmin 276c GPS for serious stuff.

Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 551563

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 22:07

Tuesday, Mar 24, 2015 at 22:07
Hi Robin

Great to hear that you also are using the Garmin unit and all is working the way it should be.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 837010

Sponsored Links