Takkaraka camp May 2015

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 02, 2015 at 23:22
ThreadID: 117332 Views:1734 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I've seen the map of the resort-camping and there are no free areas for unpowered camping so I decided (if I must be as in a sardine can) to go for a powered site. I need in total a site some 11-12m long. Looking for campers with a good experience on some sites to make up my mind.
Thanks in advance, always helpful people in this forum.
Carlo
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Friday, Apr 03, 2015 at 00:13

Friday, Apr 03, 2015 at 00:13
Hi Carlo

We were lucky to jag a good site at Takarakka as they only had one large site free, and only for two days. Not sure of the length though, but I later realised it was the very site caravanning friends had recommended we ask for as a good spot for a longer rig. It was site 7 in Platypus Circle. You can see the site map at https://www.takaru.com.au/the-park-2/park-map/.

We are almost 14 metres overall. We had plenty of room to back in, unlike many parks when we cannot get room to back in straight which is essential to unhitch our pin hitch.

The sites near us I think were as big, but so long as you explain your need when booking, staff should be helpful as they were for us. We could only get two days in that site, but staff said they would find us somewhere for the third night. However looking at the smaller sites in the area she pointed to, we would have had difficulties getting in an unhitched, and when I heard the price two days sounded OK.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 551951

Sponsored Links