Problem with slide out kitchen legs

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 07, 2015 at 15:03
ThreadID: 117376 Views:1474 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a Cameron Camper with a slide out wooden kitchen that has an adjustable set of legs that fold away when traveling. Problem is the legs ability to adjust rely on the little wind in screw that are used on tent poles. They are not up to the weight of a full kitchen.

Has anyone got a simple but effective locking system that gives infinite adjustment that is needed on uneven ground? Very important to get the eggs and bacon cooked evenly. The legs need to fold away to the profile of the end of the kitchen for packing away.

Any good ideas are welcome.
I am an apprentice retire. Its looking like my most successful career to date.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony F8 - Tuesday, Apr 07, 2015 at 17:06

Tuesday, Apr 07, 2015 at 17:06
I would look at adapting a couple of Supapegs aluminum cam lock poles, lightweight and extremely strong, I have not had one fail in ten years andthe cam lock will not slip.
AnswerID: 552099

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Tuesday, Apr 07, 2015 at 18:18

Tuesday, Apr 07, 2015 at 18:18
Or, maybe drill a hole right through the outer tube in a suitable spot, and the inner tube drill a series of holes (maybe 5 or 6 at 1" spacing should do it ?) wo you can put a locking pin through them to adjust at different height.

AnswerID: 552104

Reply By: wbsl - Wednesday, Apr 08, 2015 at 12:44

Wednesday, Apr 08, 2015 at 12:44
Hi

I had a Cameron for 6 years and all I used to do was give the screws on the legs a quick nip up with a small shifting spanner. Git them a bit tighter than just using the fingers and it always supported the weight.

Regards Wayne
AnswerID: 552150

Sponsored Links