Permits now or will be required

The following is an extract from my Track Care (WA) Minutes regarding new permits required:

Media release from FWD Australia advising that the Nyangumarta Highway (formerly
the Kidson Track) - 80 Mile Beach to CSR Well 33, now requires a Permit, costing $55,
administered by the FWD Australia.

Notice that Uunguu Path to Mitchel Plateau will have a permit system costing $35 per car for a 3 day period. More information to follow however;the Mitchell Plateau will be the largest National Park in Australia. The Indigenousowners will be charging a permit fee, 60% going to country, 40% to other avenues (admin etc.) .

Cheers

Dunc

Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Member - johnat - Monday, Apr 13, 2015 at 16:14

Monday, Apr 13, 2015 at 16:14
Dunc,
Thanks for the info - be good to get the updates as/when they arrive too!
Hoping to get there sometime in the next few years, all information is being "filed" for reference! ;^)
AnswerID: 552398

Reply By: Member - Ross N (NSW) - Monday, Apr 13, 2015 at 19:03

Monday, Apr 13, 2015 at 19:03
A good friend of mine said to me when he knew he was dying,"we've seen the best of this country". I didn't necessarily agree at the time but the more I see of these impositions
the more I think he was right
Ross N

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 552407

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Apr 13, 2015 at 19:33

Monday, Apr 13, 2015 at 19:33
Yes we updated our Kidson Track treknote mid March with this info (Preparation Section contains link to FWDA for permit specifics). I must admit I have not personally fully absorbed it all yet. Thanks for posting the summary of what it all means.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 552410

Reply By: MARIC - Thursday, Apr 16, 2015 at 09:05

Thursday, Apr 16, 2015 at 09:05
As a matter of interest, who maintains these tracks?
With regard to Mitchell Plateau I must have been under the misapprehension that it was under the control of the WA Government?
It is only when you see mosquito land on your testicles that you find another way to solve problems without violence

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 552522

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Thursday, Apr 16, 2015 at 10:09

Thursday, Apr 16, 2015 at 10:09
No idea Maric but it could be the Shire of either Derby West Kimberly or Wyndham East Kimberly.

Dunc

Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 838111

Sponsored Links