Temple Bar Alice Springs

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 11:43
ThreadID: 117569 Views:2176 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
We are looking for a caravan park vacancy in Alice Springs in August, however our dates clash with the truck show week & all parks seem to be full. I noticed a thread on the forum relating to the Showgrounds & also Temple Bar. I cannot find any info on Temple Bar. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Tim T5
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Andrew & Jen - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 12:53

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 12:53
Tim T5
Go to www.myparklist.com and click caravan parks by town, then NT and then Alice.
Good little CG out from the town with both shady and open grassed sites.
Reasonable rates.
We have stayed there and had an enjoyable trouble free time. Would probably give it ***
Cheers
Andrew
AnswerID: 552760

Reply By: LJME & LMG - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 14:32

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 14:32
Will second Temple Bar - stayed there in 2013. Amenities very basic but perfectly clean. Rates were reasonable and staff were lovely.
AnswerID: 552761

Follow Up By: mike39 - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 14:44

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 14:44
Another vote for Temple Bar.
We have stayed there twice, nothing flash but clean and dog friendly.
Fires allowed, the evenings were coolish so some warmth was welcome.
Would certainly stay again
mike
FollowupID: 838444

Follow Up By: Tim T5 - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 16:30

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 16:30
Thanks folks, I have been able to talk to the people at Temple Bar. The Lady seemed very helpful but tells me that they don't do bookings & it's first in best dressed. We have also found an unpowered site in Alice at $33.00 per night so that may be the way to go. The Showground is booked out as well.
Many thanks for the replies, they are much appreciated. Cheers Tim
FollowupID: 838446

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 23:08

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 23:08
$33 for unpowered :O

On our second trip to Alice Springs, we found Temple Bar fully booked due to show and fireworks long weekend coming up. They must have done bookings then) because she said although we could see "our" spot empty, someone had it booked for the next few days.

We went on into town and hated it there. We had to stay a week to get a car part, and crossing the long weekend delayed this. Due to pressure on sites, their unpowered area was used as a 'waiting area' for powered site vacancies. We stayed on in unpowered because it was roomier than the sardine can sites.

There is also Wanngardi which is adjacent to Temple Bar. This old small park was shut when we were there, but reopened soon after.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 838468

Sponsored Links