Comment: How We Never got to Cape Leveque.

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:12
ThreadID: 117577 Views:2178 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone tell me why all the photos haere have a green cast and look a bit dark. They didn't look like that on my desktop before I posted them to the blog.
Mike
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - CloudedGenie - Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 13:07

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 13:07
A colour cast usually has to do with colour management and the colour space. I always take and process photos in the Adobe RGB colour space, which is able to represent more colours.

However, when you save them for display on the internet, it is better to use the sRGB colour space. It is more limited, but that way you can be sure that the colours that you see on the screen will be what others see.

It is also possible that your screen isn't properly colour-managed, but I doubt that - you would have remembered if everything around you was slightly green...

Let me know if this explanation doesn't make sense and I'll try to explain further...
AnswerID: 552790

Follow Up By: Australian Landscape Jewellery - Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 14:12

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 14:12
Hi Clouded Genie,
I use both SRGB and RGB and often LAB. My screen is calibrated. I also post shots to other sites and they always look fine. I think there must be another problem. The shot of the Reef has been printed at quite a large size and comes out looking just like it does on my screen. A bit later today I will have a go at adding more shots to the bl;og and look very carefully at the processing. I might try to over brighten and take a bit of green off to see what that does.
Thanks for the reply.
FollowupID: 838484

Follow Up By: Sigmund - Friday, Apr 24, 2015 at 17:14

Friday, Apr 24, 2015 at 17:14
What's the light source falling on your screen?

Changed lately?
FollowupID: 838615

Follow Up By: Australian Landscape Jewellery - Friday, Apr 24, 2015 at 17:37

Friday, Apr 24, 2015 at 17:37
Hi Sigmund. No, I don't think there has been a change in the light source on my screen. I also have a Panttone Huey that appears to be working OK and adjusts my scree for different light. Everything loks fine and normal except the images I am seeing on my blog. I have replaced the original images with new copies of the same images. I brightened these further and altered to colour on them before downloading to Ozexplore. What is showing there now looks better than the shots I originally published to the blog/. My photos stil look OK on my desktop bey the versions I sent to ExOz look a bit bright and with a colour shift the other way.
FollowupID: 838616

Reply By: vk1dx - Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 17:08

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 17:08
Maybe less mucking around with them and highlighting etc would be better. I don't know about this RGB and RGBs stuff. Keep it simple. I never touch them apart from using a Send via email function to decrease the size.

Uploaded to photobucket.com with just a resize with Picassa "Send email" function.

Colour representation is sRGB. That's the first time I have ever look at that area. I just usually worry about the file size. Never change pixels etc.
AnswerID: 552806

Follow Up By: Australian Landscape Jewellery - Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 17:22

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 17:22
I have just replaced the shots in the blog. They are now a bit better but still not right. I haven't got the faintest idea what is going on here. I did nothing at all with my original shots posted on the blog, apart from downsizing. What is coming up on the blog just doesn't look like the shots on my screen. The one that is particularly changed is the shot of the reef, on my screen the blues and reds are cleaner and brighter. I don't think I did anything different to what I normally do when I post photos and I have never had this problem before??
PS, that;s a nice shot of the church interior and on my screen, that's the way the colours should look.
Thanks
FollowupID: 838487

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 18:30

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 18:30
Murphy . . . ??
FollowupID: 838492

Sponsored Links