Other Blogging sites

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 29, 2015 at 13:46
ThreadID: 117662 Views:2120 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
We will soon be embarking on a 6 month 20,000 trek around Aus.
In the past I have used the Exploroz blog to tell people about our travels.
I have recently started using Blogger because it allows you to create nicer, more useful blogs.
My question: is it acceptable/allowed to have a link from Exploroz to my bogger page ?
And if so where would you put the link.
I only want to run one blog and my preferance is blogger but at the same time I would like to share it with fellow Exploroz members.
I also would like to link back to EOTrackme from blogger, I made a link but it only gets to the page where you have to search for members, is there a way to link directly to me.
Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Landy - Wednesday, Apr 29, 2015 at 14:13

Wednesday, Apr 29, 2015 at 14:13
Hi Dave

I use Wordpress.com, under my own domain www.thelandy.com, but also post topics of interest to travelling and exploring Australia to ExplorOz. Neither is mutually exclusive over the other, but complimentary depending on the topic.

On my Wordpress site, I have a page "Where is Baz" that is connected to EO Trackme so readers can track where I am, which is updated when the site (re)caches, which is regularly.

A few days ago EO did release detail how you can link to your website in this article, Embed user treks.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but something you might want to look at in any case.

Cheers, Baz – The Landy
AnswerID: 553055

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Wednesday, Apr 29, 2015 at 15:06

Wednesday, Apr 29, 2015 at 15:06
Hi Dave,

You should be able to publish the link to your Blogger page in the "Web Site" field on the My Profile tab.

Regarding EOTrackMe, there are two ways that you can do this. If you have a look at your Public Profile Page (button to get to this is on the My Profile Tab), and go the EOTrackMe Tab on this page, you will see that there are two buttons next to your device: "Direct Link" gives you the direct URL link for your device's tracking, this can the be posted in your blog if you only require a link to the tracking.

Or if you would like your tracking shown in the blog itself, there is the "Get Embed Code" button, which allows you to generate html code for either a "dynamic image" or "dynamic map" embed function (I believe The Landy is using the "dynamic image" embed in his wordpress blog). The determining factor for which embed option you can use is whether the blogger site allows iframes, if it does, you can use the map function, if not, you can use the image function.

I hope this information helps - I am happy to provide further assistance with this as needed, just let me know.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 553059

Follow Up By: The Landy - Wednesday, Apr 29, 2015 at 16:24

Wednesday, Apr 29, 2015 at 16:24
Hi Adele

From memory we discussed previously and it seems you can’t use iframes or plugins on a Wordpres.com blog for security reasons???

On mine it will update when the page re-caches, other than that the user (viewer) can’t control in any way.

But I’m no expert on this…

Cheers, Baz…
FollowupID: 838813

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Monday, May 04, 2015 at 18:14

Monday, May 04, 2015 at 18:14
Hi Baz,

When we set-up your EOTrackMe embed in your Wordpress blog, the site didn't allow iframes, so I believe we went with the Dynamic Image option (as I mentioned above). Since then, I believe that there is now a plugin for Wordpress that allows you to use iframes, so you could change to the Dynamic Map option, I've received your email on this, so will send further details/work with you on this via email.

In Dave's case, he's using Blogger, which I believe is different to Wordpress anyway, so he'll need to check Blogger's requirements to find out which of the embed options will suit him best.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 839121

Sponsored Links