how to save track in eo?

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 18:18
ThreadID: 117678 Views:1676 Replies:2 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
How do I save my track in EO trackme?
I have read it thru several times, clicked a few links, but I end up in Moo Moo land?

I had expected it to be an option in "my tracking" but not so?
How often should I save?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 19:03

Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 19:03
Hi

It is "saved" on the EO server/box of tricks/computer (not sure what they call it) automatically (when in phone/WiFi range). If you personally want to save it (as a "user trek" to EO websiite) or download it to your own computer then click on the relevant button on your "My Tracking" page as shown below.

How often? Up to you.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 553115

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 19:11

Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 19:11
Jim,

The Save option will be in the EOTrackMe home page on the My Tracking tab. If you have active tracking it will show this option near the top as per this image

You would save the tracking only at the end of a trip - the save option archives the tracking information to User Treks (take the link and have at look at the recently added tab for current examples) - which you can embed or link to but it removes the data from EOTrackMe. Basically this then makes your EOTrackMe clear and start fresh for the next trip or trip segment. You have the choice how you would like to save. Some save weekly, I sometimes save a few times per day depending on what I am recording. However if you want a single map of your travels than save at the end though it can become large and complex with many overnight markers etc on the screen.

The other option next to Save is Clear which just deletes the tracking data and does not save it. Use this for test data or errors only as there is no recovery after you select this option.

Hope this helps, if you need more info just ask.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 553116

Follow Up By: Member - Jim B8 - Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 19:15

Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 19:15
Thanks for the replies
I cant see the options shown - I can only choose "View live tracking", save is greyed out, the other 2 are missing? What am I doing wrong? IE viewer

thanks
Jim
FollowupID: 838861

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 19:18

Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 19:18
Jim,

Are you on the EOTrackMe main page or your Member Profile page?
Also when you are on the page can you confirm you are logged on (look at the top and see if it states My Home or Register)?

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 838862

Follow Up By: Member - Jim B8 - Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 19:35

Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 19:35
David, Greg
Thanks again for the replies
In the general view, not thru the members tabs
Yes logged on, the 3 tabs are visible
Jim
FollowupID: 838863

Follow Up By: Member - Jim B8 - Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 19:51

Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 19:51
Went to my profile page, cant see the link to tracking?
FollowupID: 838865

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 20:04

Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 20:04
Hi...maybe go back to your device and make sure within the EOTrackMe app you have entered the correct EOTrackMe User ID that links to your correct member login on the Exploroz Website (under settings) ???

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 838867

Follow Up By: GarryR - Friday, May 01, 2015 at 14:29

Friday, May 01, 2015 at 14:29
while the subject is going, I've just saved my first trek as a sample before I go away in July for 3weeks. But I am struggling to install an image or 2 with my trek note. I,m a first time user and wish to get things right before we leave. The cook is using an ipad for tracking, whilst I download photos off the camera onto my laptop. I access eo form my laptop - thanks
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 838913

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, May 05, 2015 at 10:48

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 at 10:48
Garry,

Can you email me one of the photos you are trying to add to your User Trek. I notice you have added your profile pic to the Trek so this seemed to have worked? PLease send one of your pics to david at exploroz.com.

Jim,

Did you manage to get anywhere with your problem. Sorry I was away for the last few days so just getting back to answering now.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 839153

Follow Up By: Member - Jim B8 - Tuesday, May 05, 2015 at 11:32

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 at 11:32
David
No still the same. I have elsewhere asked about responding to a blog as a discussion, I cant do that either. Saving tracks doesn't worry me, but not being able to respond to blogs, mine or otherwise, makes me think there is something wrong with my setup. I cant see the same screen as mentioned above in the "save track" discussion, I don't have the same buttons available. I have 3 tabs visible, I can do some things, but not all? What am I doing wrong?
FollowupID: 839154

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, May 05, 2015 at 11:41

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 at 11:41
Jim,

What browser are you using? My initial advice will be to clear temporary files from your browser. You may have picked up some older script library and it not being cleared in your browser. If you are not sure how to do this please let me know the browser you are using? Also maybe as a test try downloading a different browser like Chrome and see how it goes. I do suspect that a proper Temp clean up could solve it though.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 839155

Sponsored Links