Companion 65L duel zone fridge/freezer

Hi everyone,

Just purchased a companion 65L duel zone fridge, and was just wondering thoughts on these fridges and if anyone has one how much power they draw. I will be running it on a duel battery system with 100ah battery. How long will it go without charging the battery and will it stay cool enough on 12v alone? thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tim F3 - Sunday, May 03, 2015 at 14:50

Sunday, May 03, 2015 at 14:50
There are no power usage specs that i could see on their website,also did not see reference to a 65l model.

I found a part number comp 755d that is 55litres dual zone and a 875d that is 75 litres dual zone (listed as a discontinued model).
It does specify that they have an inbuilt cutout voltage of 10.5v. Many people suggest that this is too low and will result in reduced battery life.

Typically many consider 12.0 v a safer battery cut off level,this approximates 50% state of charge,meaning your battery will be discharged from 100 amps (theoretical maximum ) to around 50 amps .

Power consumption has many variables but if your fridge ran at say 4 amp per hour you would have 50 divided by 4 = 12 hours running time (very approximately).
If the fridge cycles for 50% of the time i would expect about 24 hrs cooling.
AnswerID: 553227

Sponsored Links