Jackaroo Engine replacement? 3.5?

Submitted: Friday, Apr 02, 2004 at 20:19
ThreadID: 11773 Views:3758 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day, My 1992 XS Jackaroo has spat it's engine and so I am seeking any guidence available as to what options I have for a replacement. I have had a search through previous forums for related topics but have had no luck. The quote to rebuild the current engine was over 4K and thats before fitting etc, so Im keen to look at other options.

As I understand it it is not a common problem with the jackaroo and so I am finding it hard to find out what I can do. The factory engine in min is a 3.2 ltr petrol, I have heard from a possibly unreliable source that maybe I could put a new 3.5 ltr petrol engine in.

I would appreciate to hear from any one who has had to replace an engine - even Ford owners, maybe someone knows of a good mob to talk to about a reco.

Thanks in advance.
Lucas
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bruce and Anne - Saturday, Apr 03, 2004 at 12:32

Saturday, Apr 03, 2004 at 12:32
Try www.japparts.com.au they import engines etc in from Japan and do converisions, there in the Gold Coast. There is a few others around as well try your search engine.
Regards Bruce.
AnswerID: 53059

Reply By: Savvas - Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 18:27

Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 18:27
Lucas,

Try Jackeroo World in Melbourne. Click here.

You could convert to a 3.5 but will need to put in new wiring looms, ecu and other ancilliaries. Also the transmission setup may be different, especially in the autos.

Good luck!
AnswerID: 53164

Sponsored Links