intercoolers and turbo size for nissan

Submitted: Friday, Apr 02, 2004 at 20:55
ThreadID: 11776 Views:2376 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi I am new to this site and I am looking forward to getting some useful info and hopefully one day will get a chance to meet up with some of the sites users

I have a terrano 1993 model running a 5speed manual g/box the engine number is a TD27T and I am looking at putting in an intercooler and up grading the turbo and running at a higher boost when off roading in the sand ect but I am having no joy in finding out what the 4X has in it's current form as to the size of the turbo ect

just hoping that someone here has done this and what the results have been like and what other mods have been done or have to be done like do I need to be looking at bigger injectors fuel pump or rising fuel pressure reg better pistons and decompression plate and if I need to be looking at a piggy back computor or chipping it to help out also a larger throttle body and pod filter as well ect so any help or advice on this would be great and what else would be great was if I could get names and addressess for reliable companies who can help out

I live in W.A in the deep dark south west corner
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: prado_95 - Monday, Apr 05, 2004 at 19:03

Monday, Apr 05, 2004 at 19:03
There are a few things that will help.

However just increasing the turbo size will not do very much for you (particilarly at low/med revs as used in sand).

Since sand work is low speed, you need a front mounted intercooler to add significant benifet (dont they come with a top mounted intercooler - or am I thinking of the later model).

I've done a few other things to my diesel to improve the performance, but keep it within acceptable limits.

prado_95@yahoo.com
AnswerID: 53280

Reply By: chowetime - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 18:14

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 18:14
This version did not come with a intercooler and to be perfectly honest had not given much thought as to if it should be a top mount or front mount... but I somehow don't think there is enough room for a top mount...

the 4x has heaps of low down pull as we can get up and down the Yeaugerup sand dunes with very little effort usually only having to drop tyre pressure down to 15psi it is more the mid range and top end that it seems to be lacking in maybe better cams might be another alterantive and like you say keep the factory turbo just add cam and kooler
AnswerID: 53442

Sponsored Links