Sat Nav VMS P8000-0002T X523 in dash multimedia unit.

Has anyone ever used this Sat nav unit in there vehicle or one in there vehicle im looking to buy a nice multimedia in dash set up with gps and off road tracks like the Hema maps in it.

Or can anyone recommend one that is good to buy and not to pricey the VMS one is $950.

Any advise or help would be great
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: vk1dx - Friday, May 08, 2015 at 22:16

Friday, May 08, 2015 at 22:16
We have had a couple of VMS models in the car since 2010 (one was broken in an accident) and I wouldn't swap. It's handy having an all in one unit installed in the dash instead of stuff hanging off the windscreen etc. Much safer also - no projectiles to hit you or the passengers in a prang.

I also find the screen a good size because when driving you haven't got time to look at a big screen, find the car and then see if you are on the right track. Just a simple glance is usually enough.

After sales has been excellent for us.

Two sons also have the same unit.

I think our current one is the 7500 tourer.
AnswerID: 553451

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 08:06

Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 08:06
Red,

There's been a number of threads before on these multi units. Some have gone for the units from Brash's in Melbourne. Quite cheap and seem to tick all the boxes. Think they were even loaded with Oziexplorer.

Another unit is a Eunon.......well, a name like that anyway. David from ExplorOz has one, with some special mapping mods he's fitted. Some have also bought some of the cheap Chinese units too.

Bob
Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 553466

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 08:13

Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 08:13
Very tru Red

One of the sons got an El Cheapo from china. He couldn't have the radio going at the same time that Ozi was running. Sold it quickly.

Just be careful with the cheap ones.
FollowupID: 839329

Follow Up By: Racey - Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 10:15

Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 10:15
I have a couple of different units from David Brash (imports). Good units and David is good to do business with.

Cheers
Jon
FollowupID: 839333

Sponsored Links