Byron Bay to Sydney intinerary

Are their any hidden gems on this route? I would drive along the coast... Yamba, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie, but I have the feeling there must be more than that. Any scenic tracks, secret spots, great national parks or 4wd opportunities that one should consider?

Thanks for the help
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member Andys Adventures - Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 19:58

Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 19:58
Swans Crossing is not far from Port Macquarie. It is in a state forest so free camping has creek catch ells close to NP and good forest drives.

Take the turn off at Kew and follow the signs to Kendall turn right a few km out of Kendall and follow the track using Upstalls creek rd. Just watch for logging trucks. It hastoilets but no drinking water free fire wood already cut.

It is a good base to use for the waterfalls and NP around the area.

Cheers Andy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 553551

Reply By: Member - Colin E - Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 22:45

Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 22:45
A must is Pebbly Beach in yarayguir nphttp://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/Yuraygir-National-Park/Pebbly-Beach-campground/camping
must cross the creek at low tide when you reach it go to the right 100m to the fence cross over then follow the bank back to the ramp up
you really need a few days there to enjoy it
Colin
AnswerID: 553565

Reply By: RedCherokee - Monday, May 11, 2015 at 11:47

Monday, May 11, 2015 at 11:47
The hills befind Coffs are simply full of 4wd tracks of all levels. The only hard part if you are solo is to have the sense to turn around if a track looks like getting tricky. Sealy lookout is a must do, and if you want adventure there is a track that goes off just opposite the turnoff to the lookout itself.

I always prefer to leave the highway to head in to Forster. Great spot with that beautiful lake. Hire a kayak or tinny. Then out to seal rocks to visit the lighthouse.

But really, there are so many lovely spots along that coast.
AnswerID: 553578

Reply By: Michele S1 - Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 17:51

Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 17:51
Red rock, between Grafton and Coffs is pretty special also South West Rocks
AnswerID: 553733

Reply By: Slow one - Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 19:49

Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 19:49
Minnie waters and Wooli are special for us, not far out of Grafton running south. Grafton out on the The old Glen Innes Road to the road tunnel is a good trip around 150k return trip.

AnswerID: 553741

Sponsored Links