trek notes

Hello all, can anyone advise how to transfer the Canning Trek notes to a Hema 7? Is it worthwhile doing it?
thanks John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, May 11, 2015 at 18:25

Monday, May 11, 2015 at 18:25
Hi John,

When you say trek notes, do you mean the track (.trk) and waypoint (.wpt) data files?
These can be downloaded onto a PC, then transferred to the Hema after you connect it to your PC. If you are familiar with copying files using Windows Explorer, it is a doodle.
After dowloading the files, you connect your Hema to PC and ensure it is in the right mode to view and copy files. This mode looks like a "trident" symbol and should be explained in your Hema manual.
Once you can see the Hema device on windows Explorer, the files should be copied to the OziExplorer - Data sub-directory on the Hema and then you can load the track and any waypoint data for the trek note you choose.

It is fairly simple to do once you have the hang of it and may be of benefit to your travels.
The track will be displayed on the moving map, along with any waypoint data (points of interest) so basically you can follow that route as you drive.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 553590

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 16:24

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 16:24
John,

Sandman's answer is perfect plus I can add one more thing. We have a product called EOTreks Route Files and this will give you all EO Treks notes in a single download all indexed and ready to load directly into the HN7 they will load in by state for easy finding. It is cheap and easy plus you can load all EO Treks in one connection of the HN7 to the PC.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 839529

Sponsored Links