Protective covers for front of Jayco Journey outback

Submitted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 17:55
ThreadID: 117849 Views:3103 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi just wondering who makes these at a reasonable price?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Sanantone - Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 19:06

Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 19:06
Have you tried the same question on the Jayco travel diary? You get an answer there from a more direct brand user. I have a Jayco Starcraft been through a bit of gravel on my trips and a good wash has brought it back to new again.

Cheers
Tony
"For the Rover's life has pleasures, that the townsfolk will never know" - sort of from Banjo Paterson

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 553738

Reply By: DesF - Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 19:12

Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 19:12
Hi, I got a padded quilt effect cover made up at the local upholsterer and I marked where I wanted the studs and he fitted them and then I screwed the bases onto the Jayco myself, works a treat , just unclip it and wash it and the van, easy as, I think it was under $50.00 including the material and the studs,
Cheers Des.
AnswerID: 553739

Reply By: Member - mike g2 - Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 11:00

Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 11:00
Hi Michele- very little specific pre made on market .I would have thought Journey has some front end protection ( to wing sides) try quote from canvas, upholstery or auto trim shops to get one made and use studs for att/removal. can go to Clarke rubber, get indoor/outdoor or marine carpet ( you measure size) or similar and cut your own shape. a variety of fitting methods easy to get from Bunnings or marine suppliers including velcro. speaking of Bunnings, they also have carpets, heavy plastics etc which would also suit this purpose. Try Lincraft or similar for padded cloth if your going in that direction.
I used outdoor carpet for lining my own- built camper trailer-ts fairly tough stuff and is washable etc.
Alternately, add checker plate - Auto shops ?, steel suppliers maybe Comalco or make ( ? buy to suit) your own stone guard V att near front of drawbar as is on many off road camp/trailers. . One could even make/use shade cloth on a base of mild metal [] mesh( 1 to 2 cm sq) as a guard. Let me know how it goes.
MG.
AnswerID: 553823

Sponsored Links