Birdsville magnet

Submitted: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 17:12
ThreadID: 117864 Views:1578 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We returned from a pleasant drive to Big red and Birdsville via Innamincka and Lightning Ridge recently .Seeing so relatively few tourists there and the struggling local economy where there are no oil or gas I wondered if a tourist magnet like Lightning Ridge's hot water pool would make a difference. Birdsville has already the water pouring out by the gigalitres into the billabong and it wont be to expensive building a few change rooms and a pool and cool the water down a bit and use all that water.
The hot pool at Lightning Ridge is just as attractive as the opal mines and having one in Birdsville will surely be a good idea. For those crossing the Simpson a hot spring at both ends will be great .
I know of lots of friends who include the Lightning Ridge detour just because the 24 hour free hot pool is so much fun .
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: AlbyNSW - Friday, May 15, 2015 at 17:20

Friday, May 15, 2015 at 17:20
Struggling economy? I think Birdsville does alright for itself.
There are plenty of other towns that could do with a magnet though
AnswerID: 553803

Reply By: Notso - Friday, May 15, 2015 at 19:22

Friday, May 15, 2015 at 19:22
Yeah, I live out in Central NSW and I reckon a small volcano would be a great little attraction for the area.
AnswerID: 553807

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 06:57

Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 06:57
Certainly the town isn't stuggling, but they do have an excellent source of water for such a swimming hole.
Could easily be put in just north of town where the power plant bore puts out at over 100c, would have to have it a ways from that !

Having such a pool at each end of the crossing would be awesome !!
I'm sure the locals would like it too.
AnswerID: 553817

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)