Cost Effective Maintenance

Submitted: Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 02:30
ThreadID: 117879 Views:5829 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just thought I would share my thoughts on some products I’ve been using from Cost Effective Maintenance.

http://www.costeffective.com.au/home_page.php

I have been looking for ideas to attempt to improve the fuel economy on my Patrol. I came across this company by chance and gave their products designed for diesel engines a try.

Particularly I have tried the CRD Fuel Enhancer, FTC Decarboniser, Flushing Oil Concentrate and the AW10 Antiwear. All products were used on a 2008 Nissan Patrol GU CRD Auto.

All these products have a individual purpose, which is explained on their website and I have to write I am surprised with the results. I have observed approximately 1-2 L/per 100km drop in fuel consumption, smoother transitions in the auto gearbox and a small increase in power. One of the biggest differences I have noticed is the elimination of smoke from the car. I never had an issue with smoke, however the combination of these products have almost eliminated any trace of smoke, even under load.

I also added some of the AW10 Antiwear into the auto transmission and almost instantly noticed that the Patrol was transitioning gears smoother than ever before.

I am not at all affiliated with Cost Effective Maintenance, just a satisfied customer who can recommend their products for those looking to clean out their engine’s and improve fuel consumption.

Cheers,

Nathan.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: honest - Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 07:52

Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 07:52
Goodaye Nathan i too have used the FTC product and noticed an improvement in fuel usage and no smoke on a 1996 GQ td42 aftermarket turbo mainly towing a 19'-6" van
cheers Honest
AnswerID: 553857

Reply By: Isuzumu - Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 12:58

Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 12:58
I to am a happy customer of CEM have been for over 15 years, first used their FTC Decarboniser on a 4/107 Perkins diesel in one of my yachts as it would carbon up from running a compressor for refrigeration.
Started using the AW10 in my Isuzu MU and found that I could get up to 1000K before the oil would go black, which would happen after a drive around the block without it.
Now using the fuel enhancher, still to do a fuel economy check on that, am using the AW10 in the D.Max now and think it is worth ever cent I have paid for this product.
Just a very happy customer.
AnswerID: 553871

Reply By: Grant Tas - Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 23:36

Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 23:36
Hi Nathan

I too have been using all these products with great success.
I have a Landcruiser 100 series TD 4.2 and tow 22' Royal Flair off road van.
In addition to your products I use the Cleanpower additive as well.
I use the products as preventive treatments for my car with great results.
Cheers
Grant
AnswerID: 553908

Reply By: Flighty ( WA ) - Monday, May 18, 2015 at 11:03

Monday, May 18, 2015 at 11:03
Nathan
I too use their products in my Hino truck (1994 ) with good results.
However am not sure as yet to the compatability with the HDT-FTE engine in the cruiser.
Would be interested how it would go
Cheers
Flighty

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 553914

Follow Up By: Grant Tas - Monday, May 18, 2015 at 22:48

Monday, May 18, 2015 at 22:48
Hi Flighty
I have the 1HD-FTE engine in my cruiser which has a DP chip and a 3'' exhaust system.
I have been using the Cleanpower and FTC Decarboniser, Flushing Oil Concentrate and the (AW10 Antiwear in the engine and transmission ) in the car the last 3 years and have been great results.
The son in law has the 1HD-FT engine in his 80 series and is getting good performance as well.
We use the products as a preventive maintenance
Cheers
Grant
FollowupID: 839855

Sponsored Links