Tonight we are in Hawker

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 03, 2004 at 22:42
ThreadID: 11800 Views:2229 Replies:6 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Sitting tonight in a caravan park in Hawker in the Flinders Ranges and would like to report back on my exploroz membership card. Have found that even on this brief trip that it has saved us a packet in accommodation charges and meal expenses. First night out managed to stay in a lovely town in the Riverland district of South Australia. Breakfast and local tour provided courtesy of our Exploroz membership - free of charge. Drove a little further into the Flinders Ranges and found that we could get a lovely lunch followed up with ice-cream and prickly pear sauce. Then had another tour looking at the sights - thought that we might have broken the drought as when we pulled up there were six spots of rain - but that was it!! Again, meal and tour free of charge on our Exploroz card. Will be out of CDMA contact in by tomorrow night but look forward to posting again from somewhere post Birdsville. Wouyld love to post some photos but can't be bothered loading them tonight. The CDMA connection is not quite as quick as ADSL.

Tomorrow we are travelling the Birdsville track and onto Kalamurina station (that is our plans but ??). Cheers to all. First time that we have used a campertrailer (O'Briens Deluxe Family Camper) and it makes things so easy - though the first night we had that lovely house to stay in so tonight was our first setup.

Cheers

Andrew & Jen
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: greendog - Saturday, Apr 03, 2004 at 23:51

Saturday, Apr 03, 2004 at 23:51
hi andrew and jen will be up that way in two weeks just to the parachlina gorge for the long weekend just a short get a way any way have fun up birdsville way drop in stay a night at mangerannie the pool is great you,ll love it cheer,s peter
AnswerID: 53111

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 00:09

Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 00:09
gee doing it hard i see u buggers!!!

so where do we address our hate/jealousy mail?

betso travels to you and the family.

say g'day to Ian and Ruth and of course the yabbies and birdsville Barra

cheers
AnswerID: 53112

Reply By: Member - Andrew R (VIC) - Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 08:29

Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 08:29
Hi Andrew & Jen,

sounds great, but you forgot to pick me up on the way through!!! hahahahahah

Hope you have a great time.

cheers

Andrew
AnswerID: 53122

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 09:48

Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 09:48
Send their messages here - and if they are lucky I'll let them use my 'puter to put their photos up. Feel the pressure bad about the cheap accommodation rates with their Exploroz cards tho. Feeling it really badly. Yabbies for their dinner when they get here.
AnswerID: 53128

Follow Up By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 10:49

Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 10:49
I hope mine works as good as theirs when we go in May?
FollowupID: 314877

Follow Up By: Willem - Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 12:46

Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 12:46
Well, the ExplorOz card works both ways and we will all be down in Melbourne soon lounging around at the expense of a certain cheeky bugger.
FollowupID: 314885

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 13:44

Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 13:44
hi all i think will blow my card up to triple the size so it doesnt get missed if it works that well
what price are yabbies when the accomadation price is cut back with the card ah well i suppose we will hear about it in due course hahahahahaha?????
steve
FollowupID: 314887

Follow Up By: John - Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 19:42

Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 19:42
Hey Willem
If you don't let me know when you are coming to Melb, so that we can catch up and maybe even take you up to Toolangi or some such simmilar place, then I will drive over to your place and let your tyres down (And Steal your Compressor)
I will even let you sit in my Troopy again just so you can enjoy the experience. LOL.

Serious let us know so we can at least try to have a drink.

Kind Regards
John
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 314914

Follow Up By: Member - Cocka - Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 20:02

Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 20:02
I had a sneaky suspision that Willem might have been running a B&B. The prickly pear gave it away.
Remember Will, what goes round comes round - might I say you will get your just deserts.
FollowupID: 314919

Follow Up By: Willem - Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 21:06

Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 21:06
Hello John and Cocka,

B&B...no fear... stopped working for others a long time ago.

John, I hope to be down your way after the winter. Will let you know when as I would love to go out on a trip with you and Eric. We will then see what the 'old girl can do...hahahaha. I look forward to sitting in your Troopy again.

Regards

FollowupID: 314928

Reply By: Member - Geoff & Karen - Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 23:00

Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 23:00
Andrew & Jen I forgot you were going away. Hope you have a wonderful time and keep safe. Looking forward to some pics via email when you get home.
Once again, drive safely and have a wonderful time. And don't worry Toonfish I have got their home address for the hate/ jelousy mail to go to,,,,,,,,,LOL
See ya guys
Karen
AnswerID: 53196

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Monday, Apr 05, 2004 at 07:35

Monday, Apr 05, 2004 at 07:35
This weekend started the season with a rush - almost exhausted from all the campers yesterday but probably from the EO campers and all the talking. Pesty and his missus turned up - he has given me detailed information on all those EO people he knows!! I will be broke by the end of this season if all EO people turn up who say they are coming. Going yabbie hunting today as entree for the roast dinner tonight - expect Andrew & Jen to turn up today. DavidO should also be around somewhere. (Willem - I have hidden the Muscat from Andrew - who would probably drink it just to annoy you).
AnswerID: 53207

Follow Up By: Member - Glenn(VIC) - Monday, Apr 05, 2004 at 13:17

Monday, Apr 05, 2004 at 13:17
And Ruth,

It won't be long before I am there also. Looking forward to it although the yabbie season will be over by then I bet.

Cheers
FollowupID: 314966

Sponsored Links