Yamaha VS Honda...again with da generators

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 07:49
ThreadID: 11804 Views:2324 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, I have checked through archives but as I have not found an exact response to the following.

The Yamaha EF1000iS or the Honda EU 10i....Which is the better generator to go for.
Their specs are virtually identical, the prices I have found so far are within $30 of eachother and they look virtually identical so which is the better performer.
I think the Yammy is a fairly new model as all the reviews I could find not written by the manufacturer were for the EF1000 an older "ugly" model.

I am aware of the horror stories of repair costs, if required, for the Honda, but as it would only get used approx 30 hours per year I would hope this would not be an issue for a while on either machine.

Any thoughts, Ta
Andi
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: CHRIS - Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 11:16

Sunday, Apr 04, 2004 at 11:16
Why don't you try one of the Bunnings GMC generators. For $198 you can't go wrong , and with a 2 year warranty you save about $1300 , enough to buy another 6 if needed. $10 buys a surge protector if your worried about spikes & surges.
AnswerID: 53136

Reply By: Bazza - Monday, Apr 05, 2004 at 09:24

Monday, Apr 05, 2004 at 09:24
G'Day Andi,
IMHO, buy the Honda, the odds are it will never give you a problem. I've had mine about 3 years with no dramas. Starts first go every time. My mate got his Yam. about the same time and has had a few problems with it, nothing major, jusy niggly things ...leaking fuel line, pull cord disconnected and fluctuating idle speed. Once these were sorted..no problems to date. As to the cheapies, not worth the risk IMHO. I know a few people who bought them, two have had nothing but problems with them and the other works fine. I do'nt like those odds, and for the inconvenience of perhaps continually having to send them back to the supplier for repairs... not worth worth the risk, even at the cheap cost.
Regards,
Bazza.
AnswerID: 53211

Sponsored Links