ThreadID: 1183 Views:1553 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone tell how to add extra Tx frequencies to a Barratt 950
radio using an front panel unlock sequence? (I know how to program
Rx frequencies).
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 00:00
Pieter,The simple answer is that you cannot program TX frequencies from the front panel (unless Barrett/Dealer program your radio to be able to do so however, I have never heard of any radios that leave the factory/dealer with this turned on). If you need new TX frequencies you need to have a license to transmit on that frequency and then your local Barrett dealer will be able to setup the radio for you. They use a PC based program to do the setup of the frequencies.Regards David
AnswerID: 3743

Follow Up By: Ray - Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Pieter
David is right, I have a Barrett that can be tuned to Tx & Rx to any frequency, but I also hold an Amateur Radio Licence as well as the VKS 737 Licence. I had to submit my licence before they would open it and I am responsible to only use the frequencies that I am licenced to use. The dealer you bought it from can add the frequencies that you need, you will need to take your licence to operate on those frequencies, the dealer has to forward those to Barrett who will then give him permission to add the frequencies
Ray
FollowupID: 1586

Sponsored Links