***ALL CARE - MAN/VEHICLE TRAPS*** - Please Read and Pass on to your friends.

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 13:37
ThreadID: 11865 Views:2109 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
***ALL CARE***

THIS IS DIRECT FROM RANGERS - South Metropolitan Regional Office

"During the last two weeks a dangerous issue has been identified in the forests around South Dandalup Dam area within the prohibited catchment zone. Now, the
area identified is somewhat out of our jurisdiction however these traps may be relocated depending on the reasons they are being set.
One may only presume to lessen the chance of vehicle movement into or upon a cannabis crop or clandestine laboratory. They are not set on main tracks but tracks that are very seldom used but are still seen as a track fro access. What is being used is a general syringe needle but a heavy duty type similar to those used by veterinary's on large animals such as bullocks or horses.
About a 50 mm needle with the plastic backing butt that enables the needle to be detached and refitted to the syringe. The complete needle has then been strategically placed camouflaged with leaves and attached to a firm surface such as a tree root passing across a track most likely to be driven upon. They are angled to achieve maximum effect. Three catchment vehicles had deflated types in the last two weeks with one vehicle sustaining three deflated tyres at the one
time. These needles are extremely strong and have achieved their purpose and would effortlessly penetrate one of our work boots/shoe. Amongst other man made traps found in our bushland, this is just another."

I have a photo of the trap and will upload it as soon as i can for you to see.

Please feel free to make your friends/family aware of this issue and a media release will hopefully be done soon.

Regards,
Troy Morris
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter (York) - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 13:52

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 13:52
ANOTHER WARNING ,traveling around the tracks out of York and Brookton I have found bog holes on main track loaded with glass bottles once the rain comes and these holes are filled with dirty water the bottles will not be seen,on Darkin rd I cleared out several flaggons and beer bottles . If you are in this area check holes before driving throu .

AnswerID: 53392

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 14:26

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 14:26
Good on you Troy! Thanks for letting us know, I got your picture on email, nasty!
I'm organising a day trip down Dwellingup to plan the camping trip I was talking about in the next couple of weeks, Uppy is comming along as well to get a feel for WA, more than welcome to come along.
AnswerID: 53397

Follow Up By: Hilly - Saturday, Apr 10, 2004 at 13:32

Saturday, Apr 10, 2004 at 13:32
Jeff, I'm in Kwinana and would love the chance to meet up for the trip to Dwellingup if the offer is an open one.

Cheers,

Hilly
FollowupID: 315509

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 16:49

Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 16:49
Hilly, we are just doing some planning as I will be running my first trip on BushcampingWA. You are more than welcome to come on the camping trip, it is free.

If you keep an eye out on that website you should see my trip appear within the next week or so (hopefully), and you will then be able to contact me to say you are comming along.
FollowupID: 315685

Reply By: Rick Blaine - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 16:39

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 16:39
I found some traps in the forest near Nowra but they were lethal... A rat trap with a hole drilled thru it and a shotgun cartridge that was fired when a string that was attached to the bait hook was pulled. we found several of these when we were bushwalking around Yalwal lucky we didnt send any off. reported to Police who swarmed in and found a large plantation and sheds etc. just relieved to get out... It's the mentality of the scum that set traps like this that really gets up my nose.
AnswerID: 53425

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 17:12

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 17:12
Also there has been a few incidents of people putting threaded bolts into the road with a sharp end sticking out which shreds tyres to bits in a 110kph zone between swan hill and the next town on the robinvale side of town the othe town name i just forgot oops.

why do they do it!!!
AnswerID: 53433

Sponsored Links