Jump Starter Power Banks

Submitted: Friday, May 22, 2015 at 11:13
ThreadID: 118940 Views:2544 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experience with the miniature jump starter power packs starting to come on to the market? About the size of two cigarette packets with claims they have enough power to jump start a 4wd. Sidewinder, which usually have good quality gear, are advertising one at the moment for about $100.Sidewinder Power Bank

Thanks

Peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: steved58 - Friday, May 22, 2015 at 12:26

Friday, May 22, 2015 at 12:26
Bought my son inlaw one at a caravan show for $150 worked great until he used it to jump start his 3.0 litre navara the battery swelled up and now no go I think you have to remove them fairly fast after starting as the dont like the alternater voltage Although I still think they are worth having
Steve
AnswerID: 554086

Reply By: Member - Allan F (Gold Coast) - Friday, May 22, 2015 at 12:42

Friday, May 22, 2015 at 12:42
I have one in my Navara and also have one at work. Will jump start a V8 Landcruiser no worries. Not designed for constant cranking but will start a flat battery no worries.
AnswerID: 554087

Reply By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Friday, May 22, 2015 at 19:07

Friday, May 22, 2015 at 19:07
I was a total sceptic until I saw one in use on a small sedan (petrol)

I purchased one from Repco to keep in the "town car" just in case. So far I have used it twice in the city for a Jeep and a small petrol sedan............worked a treat

At home I have used it on the 3L diesel Hilux..........worked perectly..as for a V8 I think it might do so even though they say not suitable for a large V8.....

based on how easily it turned the above over I reckon you could a start out of it on a biggish motor subject to the ambient and the battery condition on the flat car

The comment about the battery blowing out etc. on another poster answering your post may relate to the fact that it states very clearly and in BOLD type...to disconnect within 15 or 20 secs I think it is to avoid damage............so my vote is a yes
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 554102

Reply By: nickoff - Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 09:46

Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 09:46
I've purchased & used one as well. Dead flat 4 cylinder engine, 1st hit.
what I like about it is,
1. Low self discharge, long shelf life.
2. Small size & light weight, fit in glovebox or under seat.
3. Quick recharge time.
4. Ability to use a phone charger.
5. Torch function as well.
AnswerID: 554121

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)