the ability of Ranger

Submitted: Friday, May 24, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1190 Views:2701 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi! We are a family ( 2 adults and 2 children ). We are planning to drive outback.Some vehicle hire shop recommended Britzfs Ranger (IVECO/ISUZU NPS300 TRUCK).
We want you to tell us about Britzfs Ranger,because we have never driven such a big and heavy vehicle.
™@Ranger
(1) Which is better in the ability to drive rough road, Troop carrier
(Land Cruiser )or Ranger? We know the ability of Land Cruiser.
So we would like to know the ability of Ranger in comparison with
Land Cruiser.
(2) Can we use the hand winch to Ranger?
Can we move Ranger by the hand winch?
(3) If the hand winch is invalid to the Ranger,
what equipments are validto the Ranger?
If the Ranger is bogged alone, what equipments are
necessary for recovery by oneself.
(4) Is the Hi-Lift Jack valid to the Ranger?

Please answer to me.
Kind regards.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Darian - Friday, May 24, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, May 24, 2002 at 00:00
Mariko....there is a review of the ranger on this site - the hot topics page I think - there is a vehicle reviews link there.
The reviewer seems spot on with the comments as I see it.
I was recently at Innamincka and friends of ours hired the NPS300 unit out of Adelaide. They were quite scathing of the rough ride -
they did not take the vehicle anywhere after they arrived up there - preferred to travel with us (Jackaroo) for the day tours.
Said they wish they had hired the Troopy version, even though they have less space.
Cheerz - dp
AnswerID: 3796

Follow Up By: Mariko Oguchi - Monday, May 27, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, May 27, 2002 at 00:00
Darian, thanks for your reply. I read the review of the Ranger on this site. In addition the experiance of your friends is useful for me.
FollowupID: 1634

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, May 24, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, May 24, 2002 at 00:00
The article is located at www.exploroz.com/Feature/RoadTests/IsuzuWinnebago.asp. All the best,David
AnswerID: 3801

Reply By: James - Sunday, May 26, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, May 26, 2002 at 00:00
Mariko, I hired one of these from Adelaide for the long weekend last weekend and travelled to the Flinders Ranges and the Clare Valley. I came from Perth and all I had to carry was my clothing. The fridge and cupboard storage was excellent. The hot water was great for washing up and I used the warm outdoor shower a few times and found it great even though the outside temp was less than 10 C. We hired it with 4 adults with two sleeping in the rear double and the other two sleeping in the single bunks at the front. It was difficult to drive especially in the city but on the open roads it was OK. Reversing was difficult for the amateur, and I got my brother to stand outside with the walkie talkies. We had good interior lighting and were able to play cards each night. The stove was easy to unpack and could be placed on one of the 2 tables that can be clipped inside and out. The ride was very bumpy but the camping was easy and comfortable. It would be difficult to retreive if it was bogged as it is close to 4 tonnes in weight. I don't think a hand winch or a high lift jack would be very useful. If you were bogged a lone it may be a problem and even my 4WD would have troubles pulling this vehicle out. I drive a Landcruiser 100 series turbo diesel and that is of course more comfortable but setting up tents and table is more time consuming. and playing a game of cards is more difficult. I can recommend the Britz Ranger for the fly-in-fly-out camper like we were last weekend. It is of course not as capable as my landcruiser of the road, however it certainly faired quite well of road. It was fun for all of us. Good luck, James.
AnswerID: 3836

Follow Up By: Mariko Oguchi - Monday, May 27, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, May 27, 2002 at 00:00
James,thanks for your reply to answer to me in detail. As you write down, I also think that the Ranger is too big and heavy to drive freely in town and outback. Althogh I'm attracted to comfortable camping in the Ranger, I'll hire Landcruiser100 series because of their ability of driving rough road.
FollowupID: 1635

Sponsored Links