Nissan Patrol, Navara, & X-Trail Recalls

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:40
ThreadID: 119148 Views:1479 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The recall campaign affects vehicles built between April and December 2003 and sold in Australia. This is an amendment to the affected vehicles in the previous recall campaign that was launched globally in 2013 & 2014.

The recall relates to the following vehicles: N16 Pulsar, Y61 Patrol, D22 Navara, J31 Maxima & T30 X-Trail

The recall is due to a defect found in the front passenger air bag inflator which MAY have been assembled with improperly manufactured propellant wafers. The resulting risk is that in the event of a crash, the inflator may rupture and cause the front passenger air bag to deploy abnormally, increasing the risk of injury to the occupant. Not all vehicles in the VIN ranges are affected.

If your vehicle is listed as one of the affected models (refer to VIN LIST HERE)), then Nissan have advised that once parts availability is confirmed, owners of vehicles within the affected VIN range will be advised to contact their Nissan dealer to arrange for replacement of the front passenger airbag inflator. The replacement will be at no cost to owners.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Sponsored Links