terrano modifications

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 07, 2004 at 21:01
ThreadID: 11915 Views:2238 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
As noted earlier I own a 1991 import Terrano diesel. I have found that it's torque while driving in sand is absolutely brilliant but general roadspeed especially when overtaking at 80plus is somewhat gutless! Is that just the nature of the beast I am driving. If anyone has done any modifications that could help I would be interested in your comments. IanBuzz
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ross - Thursday, Apr 08, 2004 at 01:39

Thursday, Apr 08, 2004 at 01:39
Ian apart from making sure its running at its peak and emptying out all the crap you dont need I dont think there is much you can do.Turboing would be the easiest way.
I dont know about the suitability of this motor and you wouldnt have much change out of $3k
If my memory serves me correct the lack of power was the main complaint about these.
All the 4 cyl non turbo diesels of this era were more or less the same.On my girlfriends old hilux we had to turn the aircon off on big hills.
AnswerID: 53644

Reply By: ianmc - Thursday, Apr 08, 2004 at 21:50

Thursday, Apr 08, 2004 at 21:50
Isnt the Terrano a 2.7 turbo diesel??? whether its the Spanish or Jap model.
The Nissan 2.7 was a slug without turbo BUT have the turbo pressure and injector timing adjusted & get AIR into the motor by ensuring the air cleaner is not choked & maybe replace it with a foam job & that will save you!
On other forums the fuel can be an issue and some say they get better results all round with Shell, BP etc rather than the supermarket specials.
I have a 2.5td Triton & it accelerates willingly from 100-120 kmh & can reach 140 on a good day after the above treatment but revs a bit hard in 5th.
Perhaps your muffler/exhaust is a bit blocked too.
AnswerID: 53743

Sponsored Links