Fitting winch to Estate alloy bullbar

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 14:28
ThreadID: 119201 Views:3077 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, all.

I have recently purchased a 2nd hand alloy Estate winch bullbar for my 100 series. It came with a Tigerz winch fitted. I was told it has a geniune winch mounting plate/craddle fitted and looking on Superwinch (What Toyota sold) website it does look identical.

The problem as i see it is that this plate does not attach directly to the chassis, rather to each bar cleat (where the bar attaches to chassis). Each cleat is then attached to the chassis via a rubber mounting block with captive nuts. So at the end of the day if you use the winch the load will be going through these rubber mounting blocks!!

Has anyone had experience with this before? Im guessing the rubber mounting blocks are something to do with being airbag compliant?

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stuart P (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2015 at 07:44

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2015 at 07:44
that seems right , they bolt to the chassis rails . the winch and fairlead bolt directly to the bar on an adaptor plate ,and the bar is attached to the rubber mounted plates, and adjusted for level.
AnswerID: 556062

Reply By: Cruisermort - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2015 at 17:31

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2015 at 17:31
Thanks for your reply. Seems like a lot of load going through a rubber mount when winching if you ask me?

Also one of my rubber mounts has a stripped captive nut in it that just spins inside it. Anyone got one lying around at all? Im sure ill find one at a wreckers though. Cheers.
AnswerID: 556084

Sponsored Links