NT Pajero suspension

My son has an NT Pajero and the distance between the rear bump stop and the suspension is about 45mm. Is this normal or has the suspension sagged. The bump stops show signs of frequent bottoming out and the vehicle is mostly used as mum's taxi. Advice would be appreciated.
Mike
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Neil & Pauline - Monday, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:28

Monday, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:28
Our son took over our Pajero and put Old Man Emu upgrade on. Should have done it myself years before. And yes ours had sagged with a 100,000 klm towing van.

Neil
AnswerID: 556483

Reply By: wbsl - Tuesday, Jun 30, 2015 at 10:18

Tuesday, Jun 30, 2015 at 10:18
Hi

I had an NS Pajero for several years and fitted Old Man Emu suspension to it at about 50k.

The standard suspension was way to soft from new and it used to drag its bum on the ground doing any towing.

With the new suspension handling, towing or not, was greatly improved. The ride was a little harsher but the overall improvement was well worth the change

Regards Wayne
AnswerID: 556516

Reply By: Member - Phil 'n Jill (WA) - Thursday, Jul 02, 2015 at 10:26

Thursday, Jul 02, 2015 at 10:26
I Stiffened up my 2004 model with King springs - to cope with the tow weight and figured I would have to do the same with the 2014 model, but thankfully it is not necessary - yet. The earlier model had 72,000 on the clock when I picked it up - the next one only 18,000.

The King springs gave a harder ride - until you put some gear in the back - better result all round. Good investment.

You can get a standard set without upgrading the shocks, but as my '04 had already been fitted with bigger shocks I took the heavier ones - would be a good idea to discuss your options with a suspension mob,

Good luck - Phil
Phil 'n Jill (WA)

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 556571

Sponsored Links