Waeco fridge standing on edge

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 04, 2015 at 07:51
ThreadID: 119391 Views:1876 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I would like to send my CF35 fridge overseas,but the only way I can do it is pack it standing on its edge. It would be that way for about 3 months. Will it still work when I set it up the right way after leaving it for a while. Other alternative am I able to put it as luggage on an aeroplane.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Jul 04, 2015 at 09:34

Saturday, Jul 04, 2015 at 09:34
I have a cheap 12/24V fridge that has been re-fitted with a Danfoss BD35 compressor, same unit as found in Waeco fridges. In fact it was fitted by a Waeco repair shop.

Recently I had to repair a bad connection on the circuit board. I stood the fridge on end for easy access and did the repair. The fridge was in that position for about two hours. In the subsequent test run (in normal operating position) it would run for only a few minutes then stop. I removed the power, waited a while and restarted it, with the same result. This occurred about 5 times before it cleared itself.

My conclusion is that these Danfoss units do not like being in abnormal positions.Mine didn't like 2 hours in the wrong position. I don't know what effect 3 months will have, but I suspect it will not be beneficial.

FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 556647

Reply By: Batt's - Saturday, Jul 04, 2015 at 10:45

Saturday, Jul 04, 2015 at 10:45
You send Waeco an email they would have the answer
AnswerID: 556650

Follow Up By: Batt's - Saturday, Jul 04, 2015 at 10:46

Saturday, Jul 04, 2015 at 10:46
correction = You could send
FollowupID: 842890

Reply By: Member - tommo05 - Saturday, Jul 04, 2015 at 10:47

Saturday, Jul 04, 2015 at 10:47
Don't know so much about car fridges, but I used to transport household fridges for a living and the rule was that if you had to transport it in a non-upright position then you would have to leave it for a few hours before turning it on, because oil can run out of the compressor into the discharge lines and cause blockages. I assume the Waeco is a similar compressor type design just smaller, if that is the case I think you would be OK as long as you left it for a couple of days before turning it on.

I'm no expert though...

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 556651

Sponsored Links