Review: Coomalie Creek Caravan Park

My Place Rating: My Rating 5/5

We were camping in a tent and found Coomalie Creek after visiting Adelaide River. The caretaker at Adelaide River Caravan Park actually suggested it for a quieter experience because the un-powered sites at Adelaide River were next to a busy road and service station, which is not ideal for tents. Coomalie was lovely in comparison, so peaceful!
It is just 24 km from Adelaide River, so not very far.Batchelor is also just 15 km away and has has a general store, Liquor, ATM's, a take away food shop etc .
It is a farmers paddock with a nice bush setting, creek and we loved the place. The showers were clean and hot and the laundry was $3 a load. It is bore water so make sure you have drinking water.
It cost $10 a night for two people in an unpowered site and $20 for two people in a powered site, cash only.
Check in is with the onsite caretakers on Site 11, when we visited it was a lovely friendly couple from Qld, we also met the previous caretaker and she was also very nice. There is no check in after 6.30pm and the gate is closed but you can go in and out as you can get a code for the gate.
We liked the happy hour at 4.30 pm BYO chairs and drinks - a good way to meet other travellers and get inspiration about what to see in the area.
Dogs allowed.
During the Wet Season 1 Oct - 30 April, they do not allow tents or camper trailers for more than two days stay at any time due to the unpredictable amounts of rain that can occur suddenly.
I would definitely recommend this park as it is smaller and much quieter than others. There is also a nice bush track near the creek to explore.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links