JB Caravans

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 05, 2015 at 16:09
ThreadID: 119406 Views:6519 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking at purchasing a JB Caravan Dirt Roader. I am looking for owners of these caravans for their opinions on these. Thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Meridith D - Sunday, Jul 05, 2015 at 20:24

Sunday, Jul 05, 2015 at 20:24
Slightly off track, but I'll put my 10c worth in anyways. We had JB on our very short shortlist and liked what they had. We ended up going with Evernew and feel we are getting a better product for $1000s less than JB with exactly what we want and all the extras we want. They do have a fairly long build time though, so you would need to be prepared to wait.
AnswerID: 556704

Reply By: Kyle H - Monday, Jul 06, 2015 at 12:15

Monday, Jul 06, 2015 at 12:15
We picked up our 20' Scorpion on 27 May and it has been back at the JB factory ever since getting warranty issues fixed.
The van has a good finish inside just a lot of other issues for JB to fix.
I hope to pick up the van at the end of this week if all has been fixed to my satisfaction.
So I can tell you that up until now they have been very will to honour their warranty obligations.
We also looked at the Evernew but were not happy with some of the internal finished particularly inside of cupboards etc.
AnswerID: 556716

Reply By: Member - Broodie H3 - Tuesday, Jul 07, 2015 at 18:36

Tuesday, Jul 07, 2015 at 18:36
Hi Fitzie, we looked at the jb and I believe it is a very good van but we wound up going with the Atlantic semi off road, mainly because of the price and the extras that were given in the deal where as J B wouldn't budge an inch on modifications from their floor plan when we spoke to them. J B look to be a good solid van and from the research we did 10 months ago they are getting a good following. I hope this helps.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 556752

Follow Up By: alsmithmdi - Thursday, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:12

Thursday, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:12
Looked at a lot of vans. To the point I wound up confused. Due to pick up my new JB 19 ft Dirt Roader. Not the cheapest. Not the dearest.
This will be my 4th van. Real hands on country boy, and knew what I wanted. Extras = extended A Frame for tool box. 245x75x15 tyre. External enclosed cupboard for tv and power plug in. 2 x Jerry Cans.
2 fresh + 1 grey water tank. 2x120 amp Hr batteries. Roof Solar. Wife ordered upgrade Acyrilic cupboards.Note, being a tunnel boot interior about same size as our 21 Footer ( which has a full boot). Like the independent suspension for more ground clearance. It has been fabricated so easy to repair. Nil bad reports when I made a search on Google. Crawled over, under, and in the van. Can do no more. Truely nice people at Heatherbrae NSW. Can't wait
FollowupID: 843609

Sponsored Links