Simpson Crossing mid July

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 09, 2015 at 00:41
ThreadID: 119429 Views:1750 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have a friend currently walking across the Simpson Desert pulling a cart.
He is doing really well, but the going is slower than anticipated. He is expected to speed up significantly as his cart gets lighter every day.
The slow pace has caused a little bit of concern regarding his water. He believes he has enough water to continue and finish the crossing in 14 days time, but has also asked if I can put it out there to anyone that may be crossing in the next week and a half that may have the capacity to take a gerry of water out for a drop along the French Line or place to be determined.
If you have capacity, please let me know on this forum and we can discuss privately.
Thank you
Ros
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: vk1dx - Thursday, Jul 09, 2015 at 09:06

Thursday, Jul 09, 2015 at 09:06
Maybe get in touch with Mt Dare and the pub at Birdsville. Maybe a visitor to one of those places could help. Not everyone crossing the Simpson join this forum, especially when on the move, and there may even be someone there already at one of those places who can help. .

We will be on part or all of the QAA line but not for a few weeks. Sorry we can't help.

A lot of us now carry satellite phones. If he has one then the phone number may help as well.

Also it may help if people know which direction he is travelling.

Phil
AnswerID: 556805

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Thursday, Jul 09, 2015 at 09:09

Thursday, Jul 09, 2015 at 09:09
This medication stuffs me in the mornings. I didn't read that too well. We will be on the Madigan and QAA (W to E) late July to early August and will keep our eyes on this thread.

Phil
FollowupID: 843074

Sponsored Links