No indicator or fan in 2010 76 landcruiser need help

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 09, 2015 at 10:22
ThreadID: 119433 Views:6836 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
As the title suggests I have no indicators or internal fan in the cruiser. We were mid holidays when I hooked up the camper again and did the usual lights check to find we had no indicators, We pulled into our campsite the night before with them working. The hazards work though. Later inspection showed no fan either.
Went in to Kempsey and the auto lec bypassed the flasher can and voila! we had lights and fan. So ordered a new one, fitted it and nothing. Still no indicators or fan and now I'm at a complete loss and hoping someone out here may have an idea.
Let the ideas flow.
Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - mechpete - Thursday, Jul 09, 2015 at 11:57

Thursday, Jul 09, 2015 at 11:57
why not let the auto electrician fix it
mechpete
AnswerID: 556809

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Friday, Jul 10, 2015 at 12:46

Friday, Jul 10, 2015 at 12:46
I can vaguely recall a Landcruiser I was acquainted with, having hazard lights but no indicators. Must be too long ago as I don't remember the fix. :-(

Toyota, in their wisdom, have some very unusual "pairings" in their wiring circuits. We had a station ute, HJ75, that would, on occasions, stall when the right indicator was activated. A search failed to reveal anything, so a large supply of 15 amp fuses were always in the glove box.

Turns out the wiring had just rubbed through on part of the tray, blowing the indicator fuse. But paired with the indicators was the EDIC motor on the 2H motor, so once the indicator fuse blew, the EDIC switched off and engine stalled.

Sorry I've been no help to you, but might help to sort out the problem. Let us know what you find out?

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 556844

Sponsored Links