CSR 5 Day Closure

Submitted: Friday, Apr 09, 2004 at 13:19
ThreadID: 11945 Views:2027 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just received a fax direct from Cunyu Station a moment ago advising that effective immediately there is a closure till 16th April between Well 2 and Well 5.

"This section follows a private station track through Cunyu Station and is closed following more rains in the area on top of last week's rains. All tracks & roads on Cunyu Station are closed to the public. Alternate access to the Canning Stock Toure may be available through Granite Peak Station (Well 5) or Glen Ayle Station (Well 9). Intending travellers should check first with station owners (Phone 08 99812983 or 99812989)."

This information will also appear in our WA Road Conditions page when next updated.
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric M - Sunday, Apr 11, 2004 at 16:40

Sunday, Apr 11, 2004 at 16:40
In relation to the canning stock route, a number of us are preparing our vehicles and getting in readiness to travel the CSR starting from Halls creek to Wiluna (late July).
I myself will be driving a '97 Nissan pathfinder and am wondering if anyone may have some useful tips particularly in the food lines. i.e vacuumed packed meats, carrying certain types of vegetables with the usual tinned food and the like.
In vehicle preparation am upgrading shocks and springs also adding a 110 litre long range fuel tank.
Apart from research on trek notes and other sources any useful tips or anything that is constructive would most certainly be appreciated.
Eric M
AnswerID: 53887

Follow Up By: Member Colin - NSW Bungendore - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 12:17

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 12:17
This subject has been covered before - try doing a search.

My tips
Normally a menu is prepared and food is purchased to suit - last trip down the CSR we shared a common menu/food/utensils between 6 people - big saving on money and weight not carrying multiple sets of camp ovens etc.
We vacumn pack all meat - beef, chicken, fish - and freeze it. Beef/lamb will last at least 3 weeks - we use the chicken and fish first.
All our veges are 'fresh' - individually wrap all fruit in paper and store in 'banana boxes'. Buy a variety of ripe and green fruit.
Make your own bread.
Use powdered milk.
also use a 'mung bean' maker! nice fresh greens are good in sandwich.

Look for camp site around 4 'ish - don't start driving too early - allow plenty of time to 'smell the roses'. Last trip down the CSR - Perth, Newman, Jigalong, Durba, Calvert R, Carnarvon R, Meeka, Perth took 3 weeks - needed a few more days!

We are going back to Calvert R in June via Glen Ayle - 2 week trip.

Good luck.
FollowupID: 315596

Follow Up By: sean - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 21:02

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 21:02
Eric

a few of us are planning north to south about the same time. Might see you out there.

Sean
FollowupID: 315615

Sponsored Links