Water Works

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 11, 2015 at 23:27
ThreadID: 119461 Views:1765 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Have a slight intermittent problem with the water on system on my caravan.At times when connected to the mains some thing sticks or is bypassed and the water goes into my tanks and causes them to over fill I have a pressure relief valve and a non return valve fitted where the mains water line is connected and also have a non-return valve on my pump. Now in caravan park in Derby and connected to the mains via water hose this happened yesterday and has happened twice before .Have replaced both Non-return valves.
Any suggestions as to what could be the problem would be appreciated one person has suggested that it could be the water pump, thanks Terry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Racey - Sunday, Jul 12, 2015 at 09:43

Sunday, Jul 12, 2015 at 09:43
Hi Terry, it may sound silly, are the not return valves the right way around?

Cheers
Jon
AnswerID: 556908

Reply By: Notso - Sunday, Jul 12, 2015 at 10:26

Sunday, Jul 12, 2015 at 10:26
It would have to be the Non Return Valve leaking. I can't see how it could happen any other way. I guess it's possible for the new one on the pump to be faulty, or as Racey said, back to front. The Non Return on the hose connection is only to stop you losing water when on the tank so it doesn't pump out through the hose connection so it can't be that one.
AnswerID: 556913

Reply By: Member - ROADKING - Sunday, Jul 12, 2015 at 14:12

Sunday, Jul 12, 2015 at 14:12
Hi Terry,
Not sure if this helps but if your water tanks have seperate taps to isolate them when filling you would have to make sure they are closed when running on town water.
I have 4tanks on my van and have to make sure that they are all turned off at the manifold when on town water otherwise I have the same problem.
Regards Jim
AnswerID: 556926

Reply By: Member - Terry. G (TAS) - Sunday, Jul 12, 2015 at 16:57

Sunday, Jul 12, 2015 at 16:57
Well gents thank you first up for your suggestions and some of these have opened another can of worms
First up Non return valves checked both to make sure that they are installed in the correct manner all okay there, Notso have not at this stage removed the non-return valve on the outlet side of the pump at this stage to check valve (reason being is because pump has a right angle threaded elbow when this was installed by van manufacturer it was all glued on place and could not get one in Darwin so dont want to remove this till Broome and then hope to have a replacement elbow)had a lot of trouble re-sealing it before.
Jim your comment is the one that opens up a can of worms,as I have two tanks under the van but could not find any isolation valves under the van also no valve/valves near the pump so not sure just where they are supposed to be if fitted.And it would seem that this could be the main problem as this occurs only when connected to the town water,but then it must go back through the water pump one would think.
Van is only three years old but the manufacturer is one of the ones that went down the gurgler about two years ago.Heading for Broome on the 16th so may have to get it checked out there if problem can not be solved ,any one had any dealings with repairers in Broome. So keep the ideas coming gents and again thanks for the assistance so far
AnswerID: 556934

Sponsored Links