Knz 165r 1kzte hilux more power ??

Submitted: Monday, Jul 13, 2015 at 11:09
ThreadID: 119473 Views:3984 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Recently bought a 2002 model Toyota hilux 3 litre turbo diesel, looking to get some more power out of it! Just wondering how much power can the heads on these engines handle an is there anyway to strengthen them?
I just starting of with a full 3 inch system straight of the turbo, then was thinking of adding a water to air intercooler or a top mount air to air not sure yet, and then maybe a chip an tune
Will then 1kz Te engine handle these mods?

Also if I just added the 3 inch exhaust an intercooler would it run right with out a tune or would a tune be necessary?

Opinions an other people thoughts an work they've done to these car would be very much appreciated ??
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: mountainman - Monday, Jul 13, 2015 at 14:21

Monday, Jul 13, 2015 at 14:21
Is that the old hilux where the chassis was 3ft off the ground? .
Only real way is too update to the current crop of hilux, second hand as they are miles ahead..
Other option is talk to CUSTOM turbos in Perth, this bloke only works on toyota turbo diesels.
by far has the best turbo mods for a toyota direct injection as all his research is totally on all the toyota diesel engines.
No nissan or mitzabushy ;-)
His turbo work is 8times more accurate than the factory setup.
a phone call cant hurt. .

you will get some awesome power upgrades....then youll just blow your gearbox up like my cousin when he turboed his hilux
AnswerID: 556972

Sponsored Links