Raining at Rawlinna!

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 21, 2015 at 11:22
ThreadID: 119557 Views:1612 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, just a quick cooee from Rawlinna. We are out here waiting for rain to clear. It was light but steady all night. Looks like the bottom end of the Connie Sue copped a watering too. We hope to head out there in a day or so, depending on what develops today. Good internet reception here thank to the trains! If anyone has any further info on the state of the Connie Sue, please post. We will be checking this page regularly today at least. TIA.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Tuesday, Jul 21, 2015 at 14:24

Tuesday, Jul 21, 2015 at 14:24
Hi

It is a good drive up to Neales Junction and goes to pure hell within a few hundred metres north of the Junction.

We were out there last year and can not believe how bad it gone in a few years, when it used to be a great drive.

Do not be in a hurry to leave Rawkinna, as if there is water still around, there are some very sticky sections that I would not want to drive on until it has dried out.

When you do head off, have a great trip and do not miss Neales Breakaway on the way up.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 557235

Reply By: Member - Will 76 Series - Tuesday, Jul 21, 2015 at 17:14

Tuesday, Jul 21, 2015 at 17:14
Very nice country after a bit of rain but concur with Stephens warning the water can take awhile to drain down and if it is still boggy it is virtually unpassalbe in places. A few years a go there was railway crew out that way who had been static for 4 days as they just couldn't drive out in the muddy, sticky conditions the tread of their tyres just became slicks.
All the best with your travels.
AnswerID: 557241

Sponsored Links