Queensland sand islands

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 21, 2015 at 21:47
ThreadID: 119568 Views:1400 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Heading to the sunshine state mid August. Heading to both Fraser & Moreton Islands. Any recommendations on camp sights would be appreciated. Thinking nearly a week on Fraser and 4-5 nights on Moreton. Any advice be good. Thanks guys.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mark C (QLD) - Wednesday, Jul 22, 2015 at 07:23

Wednesday, Jul 22, 2015 at 07:23
We stay at Moreton every year at Ben Ewa on the west cost due to good water and strong easterlies at christmas time. Be sure to book online before you go to both islands, If you like beach camping both islands have exceptional sites but you must be self sufficient. National parks supply cold showers and drop toilets but on Fraser they are caged in due to dingos.
Fraser twice as large as Moreton and no fuel available on Moreton but with such small distances to travel no problem.
Mark And Helen QLD
Living the Dream

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 557267

Reply By: duck - Wednesday, Jul 22, 2015 at 11:41

Wednesday, Jul 22, 2015 at 11:41
Fraser has so many spots but I like to be north of Indian head due to the tourist & hire cars often do not pass this point & stay away from the west coast as the sand flies are insane
AnswerID: 557276

Reply By: Member - Rob S (NSW) - Wednesday, Jul 22, 2015 at 21:42

Wednesday, Jul 22, 2015 at 21:42
Waddy point top camping ground is a good sheltered spot on Frazer ,has a good amenities block with coin operated hot showers. nice protected beach, and a good base for day trips.

Rob

I only ever made one mistake
and that's when I thought I was wrong!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 557293

Sponsored Links