EvaKool Aust Direct Glacier Series

Has anyone had any experience with these fridge/freezers?

One for sale on Fleabay

They appear to be a hell of a lot cheaper than the Fridgemate series etc.

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Friday, Jul 24, 2015 at 16:52

Friday, Jul 24, 2015 at 16:52
Not familiar with that brand, Kev, but daughter and SIL have an Ironman 75L dual zone that looks very similar.

They're rapt in theirs, and have had no problems with it in over 2 years. Think their fridge was about $900. Current RRP is about $1099.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 557356

Follow Up By: Sir Kev - Friday, Jul 24, 2015 at 17:10

Friday, Jul 24, 2015 at 17:10
I would guess they may be made in the same factory.

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 843663

Reply By: Kenell - Friday, Jul 24, 2015 at 17:43

Friday, Jul 24, 2015 at 17:43
I have no experience with this particular fridge however I have an 85l Evakool in my camper. It is one of their first models - about 13 years old. It let go on me while I was on the Cape a few weeks ago. It was no big deal as I had another one in the car however since I was going to be passing Caloundra (where they are made / distributed) on the way home I thought I would call in and see if they could assist. Turned out to be a thermostat but they dropped everything and had it ready for me in no time flat and at minimal cost. I was very impressed with their service. As an aside I think I saw this unit on the showroom floor when I was there but from memory it was more expensive than the ad you have linked.
Ken
AnswerID: 557358

Follow Up By: Sir Kev - Friday, Jul 24, 2015 at 17:46

Friday, Jul 24, 2015 at 17:46
Ken,

There is also a 2 lid version for close to $1000 as well so it may have been that one?

EvaKool do have a very good customer service reputation, so as if I get one (be the 3rd fridge/freezer) it will only be used as a back up for either the 32l Engel on the ute or the 90 Reefer in the camper :)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 843667

Follow Up By: Kenell - Friday, Jul 24, 2015 at 18:05

Friday, Jul 24, 2015 at 18:05
You might be right Kev. Mine is one with the control unit off to the side and the trailer accommodates it perfectly so I was more interested in similar looking units in case mine was terminally ill. Nevertheless the one you are researching looks to be a good unit for the price. Good luck with your decision.
Ken
FollowupID: 843668

Reply By: Member - P and JM - Friday, Jul 24, 2015 at 21:20

Friday, Jul 24, 2015 at 21:20
Sir Kev,

Kev these fridges are made in QLD as mentioned above. We have had a 47 ltr for that many years we can't remember. It's been a good fridge with no probs.

We also have a 40 ltr in another vehicle and have had it for about 4-5 years now and also no probs other than when we received it we see it was second grade from a Melbourne agent. Was replaced with a new one from the factory in QLD.

I/we say they are good and also is the after sales service once you talk to them.

Cheers P&J
AnswerID: 557361

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)