Fraser trip - Waddy Point

Hi all, heading to Fraser this August and originally booked Ocean Lake camp site as we have stayed there before, really like the seclusion. But I was thinking maybe the benefits of showers and firepits might be the go so thinking Waddy Point, what's the access like into here as it used to be shocking, also, what are the crowds like?

Could also do a couple of nights at Ocean Lake and move to dundaburra for some showers?

Any feedback?

Cheers,

Andy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Saturday, Jul 25, 2015 at 19:03

Saturday, Jul 25, 2015 at 19:03
Just booked our trip for the end of August and I was quite surprised by the changes made to the booking process. From here on in campers are required to nominate and book one of fifteen sites. These sites are limited in the number of campers that can book.

This will change our modus operandi of finding a good gutter and pitching camp nearby. Now we need to make the camping decision from our lounge room and drive to the fish.

The purpose of this response is to place you on notice about the changes if not already aware.

Kind regards
AnswerID: 557390

Follow Up By: George_M - Sunday, Jul 26, 2015 at 19:53

Sunday, Jul 26, 2015 at 19:53
Hmmmm - so what happens if I booked before the process changed?

We also booked for the last week in August, without the need to specify a zone or area.

I guess I'd better check...

George_M
Come any closer and I'll rip your throat out!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 843737

Follow Up By: Andy J1 - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 09:17

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 09:17
Thanks For this - yep saw the new booking system. Which is why its more important to get it right now.

Im torn between Waddy Point (is it a pain to go over bypass road everyday to check out the sites) or Dundaburra (too crowded, Backpackers etc)

Or do I put up without a fire and go to Wyuna beach camping spot??

Any advice? - Im not a fisherman and no kids
FollowupID: 843746

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)