Hema Android App

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 25, 2015 at 16:48
ThreadID: 119611 Views:1846 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

I have recently purchased the Hema android app and apart from the additional downloadable maps specific to the app can't find a way to load additional maps like you would for Oziexplorer etc. Anyone got know of any additional maps out there? Apparently they are in a different format to the other Hema maps!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Saturday, Jul 25, 2015 at 17:01

Saturday, Jul 25, 2015 at 17:01
I have Hema 4wd maps app on my iphone, assume they're the same ?
If so, you hit map folder bottom left menu bar, and a list of maps comes up if more than one covers the area, normally there is more than one.
If you are in a different area to the one you want to view and want to see all maps on device, you click More Maps top right, then All Maps on Device, this brings up all the maps (if it is 4WD Maps there will be 105 std maps in there.
Or, if you want to download more maps form the Digital Map shop, you click that option in the More Maps area. Go to the area first on the 250k free map, then it brings up the maps relative to that area.
AnswerID: 557386

Follow Up By: Neil J2 - Saturday, Jul 25, 2015 at 18:04

Saturday, Jul 25, 2015 at 18:04
Nope, I thought the same but android is a different format and very limited on maps!
FollowupID: 843700

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Saturday, Jul 25, 2015 at 18:20

Saturday, Jul 25, 2015 at 18:20
Well that's a bummer Neil.
I know there's another app, Hema Explorer, that is much cheaper to purchase and you download and pay for maps instead of the pre loaded ones.

Hope you find out easy enough, someone here mist have the Hema app on their Android.
Is it 4WD Maps or Explorer ?

Ah, just did a quick search looks like you can only get Explorer for Android ?

Also found some decent help info.
HEMA general help Explorer for Android
Seems the page for manually downloading content

Hope that helps.
FollowupID: 843702

Follow Up By: Neil J2 - Saturday, Jul 25, 2015 at 18:32

Saturday, Jul 25, 2015 at 18:32
Ive hundreds of maps for oziexplorer and their android app works pretty good, so i guess i'll leave both running on my car system.
FollowupID: 843703

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Saturday, Jul 25, 2015 at 18:36

Saturday, Jul 25, 2015 at 18:36
Yeah, doesn't hurt, I use 3 running on 3 devices in the vehicle for different things . . .
The ipad wiht Hema 4WD maps is the main one offroad.
Garmin is running too all the time, mostly for overview nad the numerous features I can see at a glance (OBD gauges are handy).
Then the mapout app on the iphone is is running to track routes.
The mapout vector maps are very good if you want to zoom in for detail.
Again mapout is only for apple, but I think there's a few android apps that use OSM and are similar.
FollowupID: 843704

Sponsored Links