Comment: A Yarn around the Camp Fire – In the Australian Outback

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 26, 2015 at 09:13
ThreadID: 119619 Views:2167 Replies:3 FollowUps:15
This Thread has been Archived
G'day Landy.
Just love the pic of the campfire - very creative, and just inspires me to get out there again......
Is it only me having a problem, but with this blog, and your last one about the country pubs, the text tries to wrap around the photos on the RH side and becomes hidden under advertising. Your earlier blogs have all been OK. This only occurs on my screen for your blogs.
Hope we can get this sorted.
Keep up the good work, Cheers, Dalb
Cheers, Dalb

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Jul 26, 2015 at 11:16

Sunday, Jul 26, 2015 at 11:16
Works okay for me. Try turning the ads "off", Dalb.

There's a tab to do this at the bottom of the forum index page. Otherwise.......I dunno! :-)

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 557408

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Jul 26, 2015 at 11:18

Sunday, Jul 26, 2015 at 11:18
Actually it says "suppress ad"

Bob

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 843718

Follow Up By: Member - Allan L2 - Sunday, Jul 26, 2015 at 12:07

Sunday, Jul 26, 2015 at 12:07
I am having the same problem viewing the great blogs by the Landy.
I have the adds suppressed & still the text on the R/H side of photos is covered with adds.
Cheers,
FollowupID: 843721

Follow Up By: Member - cherrywipe - Sunday, Jul 26, 2015 at 21:13

Sunday, Jul 26, 2015 at 21:13
Hi All,
Having the same here with the ads taking over r/h side of screen,
Thought it was normal as been like it for some time.
FollowupID: 843741

Follow Up By: Member - Dalb (SA) - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:36

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:36
Thanks Bob for your advice, unfortunately 'suppress ads' does not fix it. It is re-assuring that others have now come forward to say they are experiencing the same problem. My uneducated guess is that the problem may be caused by the large format pics by Landy (which love to see) actually exceed the width of the page and the text goes across with it. Is this a 'text wrap' problem with the original document??? Cheers Dalb.
Cheers, Dalb

FollowupID: 843747

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:46

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:46
Guys reporting the "ads" appearing over the content can you please send a screen snap shot of this as we cannot replicate the error so don't know what is causing it.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 843748

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 12:33

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 12:33
Do a lot of my EO work on an iPad, Dalb, and it's still showing that blog correctly. Just checked our PC too, and all good there.

Regardless of file size, all photos are automatically resized to about 800 pixels on this site. Yeah, Baz's photos are pretty impressive, eh!

Leave it to David to help you now. :-)

Bob

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 843749

Follow Up By: Member - Dalb (SA) - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 13:38

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 13:38
Sorry David, I have not got a clue as to how to copy a screen image for you. Hope someone else can do it. Cheers, Dalb
Cheers, Dalb

FollowupID: 843750

Follow Up By: Member - Allan L2 - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 13:54

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 13:54
Sorry not a clue here either. Have phoned the office but waiting for my call to be returned.
Cheers,
FollowupID: 843751

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 17:21

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 17:21
Adele is away on compassionate leave and will be interstate for a week to attend a funeral. I haven't been able to catch up to even check the messages yet, will get to them tomorrow. Try the snipping tool (Goggle it - its a free tool) - that's the best way to easily get a screen shot image you can send.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 843752

Follow Up By: Member - Allan L2 - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 17:45

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 17:45
Hi Michelle,
Thanks for reply. I used the snipping tool & got the image but was unable to attach it. When I clicked on "Insert Images & Files" I asked to enter URL or similar which I don't understand. Unfortunately I am not to IT literate. I could attach the snip too an email if you could Member Message me an email address.
Cheers,
FollowupID: 843753

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 17:49

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 17:49
Yes just email the image to the Exploroz inbox as per the Contact Us page, or just save the image to your desktop (give it a name you'll remember so you can find it again when you insert it) then use the insert images button in a forum reply. You then click the add photos and files button and the files on your computer will pop up - just browse your computer until you locate the name of the file. Should be dead easy.
MM
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 843754

Follow Up By: Member - Dalb (SA) - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 19:10

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 19:10
Michelle I have sent you an email with the offending page screen saved. However I am unable to make it appear here. I have saved it to my desktop, but cant find a URL for it, sorry. Cheers Dalb.
Cheers, Dalb

FollowupID: 843756

Follow Up By: Member - Allan L2 - Tuesday, Jul 28, 2015 at 11:05

Tuesday, Jul 28, 2015 at 11:05
Well I think I have finally got the "Insert Images & Files" to work & it is not only blogs by The Landy.
This is the way several blogs appear on my screen.

FollowupID: 843787

Reply By: The Landy - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 19:24

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 19:24
I'll keep having fun Out and About and I'm sure it will get resolved.

I don't see it on mine as it formats correctly, Michelle let me know if I need to do something differently.

And thanks all for the 'thumbs' up!

Cheers Baz - The Landy
AnswerID: 557446

Follow Up By: Member - Allan L2 - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 20:16

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 20:16
Hi Baz,

I managed to snip & send an email of the image as we see it to Michelle tonight.
I am sure it will be all sorted out shortly. In the meanwhile keep up the great blogs.

Cheers,
FollowupID: 843761

Reply By: Wayne M4 - Tuesday, Jul 28, 2015 at 16:43

Tuesday, Jul 28, 2015 at 16:43
Yes it seems that the common denominator with this issue is that it only occurs when the blog contains image(s) that have been oversized. Our system was not designed to display the photos full size on the blog view page and will auto size them to a standardised thumbnail size during the upload - whilst providing the full size as an option if the reader clicks on the image. This method offers the fasted page download for our audiences and ensures you can place both landscape and portrait sized pics. The page width is designed to allow 3 images across exactly if you just let the system auto size the pics as they upload. When you muck around the image sizes that's when things can get out of whack and there's no telling what some devices/browser etc will display as that's sort of out of our control.

So in summary, it is best if Members refrain from modifying the size of the images they place in their blogs. A little is ok but aiming for full page width is heading for trouble in compatibility. Please remember we wrote the blog code about 8 years ago. It could be nicer - yes, but unfortunately, we don't have enough Member revenue or resources to greatly modify it at this stage. I will let David know of course in case he knows of any quick fixes but I suspect its not a quick easy fix. Sorry guys hope that helps explain what's going on.
AnswerID: 557470

Follow Up By: Member - Dalb (SA) - Sunday, Aug 02, 2015 at 11:09

Sunday, Aug 02, 2015 at 11:09
Thanks Wayne M4. I have not previously mentioned that the problem is occurring on my PC. I have just had a look at Landy's blog on my iPad Air and the blog appears as it should - all OK.
I am now wondering if my PC is set up correctly - I have a wide screen, however the Exploroz website always appears in 'narrow' format and is not full width. Could this be the problem??? If so, could someone please advise me how to fix it??? Cheers Dalb.
Cheers, Dalb

FollowupID: 856283

Sponsored Links