HJ45/HJ60 Clutch

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 10, 2004 at 21:49
ThreadID: 11962 Views:2264 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Can early style clutch/ pressure plate be updated to late style clutch / pressure plate on HJ45 and if so what is required to do this. I have a HJ45 76 model with a 2H motor running the early style clutch/ pressure plate with original 45 series 4 speed.( ie it has a clutch housing with mounts on either side ) Want to know if clutch can be changed to 60 series setup.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: GO_OFFROAD - Saturday, Apr 10, 2004 at 22:25

Saturday, Apr 10, 2004 at 22:25
Are you talking clutch, or bellhousing?

Bellhousing has mounts either side, and you can use a 60/75 box and t/case, just need to make a crossmember to fit the mount under the box for the later unit.

This is pretty easy to do, and the chassis has holes, some threaded you can se to mount the crossmember too.

If you mean clutch and pressure plate, Daikan turbo diesel clutch and pressure plate can be used, if required, virtually and any clutch can be made to suit any vehicle, by having a clutch made with the correct splines for the input shaft, and redrilling the flywheel.

The turbo diesel units use 6 rivets instead of 3 to hold the centre in, which also means 6 stops for the springs in the centre instead of 3, and the springs should have hardened washers each end of the spring, to stop them wearing into the plates, and allowing the engine torque to get a run up on the springs while engaging.
AnswerID: 53853

Follow Up By: gibsongang - Saturday, Apr 10, 2004 at 22:51

Saturday, Apr 10, 2004 at 22:51
Hi thanks for your reply but what I'm trying to find out is :- I have a 76 HJ45 with motor updated to a 2H. It's still running the 76 four speed box and tranny.The bottom end of this motor has gone so I have purchased another 2h motor to replace it.The clutch/pressureplate/flywheel on the new motor runs a diaphram pressure plate. The pressure plate on the old motor is an older style with 3 levers instead of a diaphram. Can i use the new clutch in place of the old one?
Between the motor and the bellhousing there is like a clutch surround that has mounts on either side.
Hope this clarifies my problem a bit better.

FollowupID: 315523

Sponsored Links