Diesel Heater from Ali Express

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 26, 2015 at 22:21
ThreadID: 119626 Views:2933 Replies:9 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Thinking of making a purchase for a Belief 5kw diesel caravan heater online from Ali Express but have not used this medium before.
Has anyone used this online shop and have made purchases to the value of around USD500 and if you are happy with the product? Do you give your credit card details and is it safe?

Thanks for any comments that anyone may have regarding the reliability of this online shopping

Cheers...
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Cuppa - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 00:03

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 00:03
Be wary of giving your credit card number. I prefer to use Paypal, but I don’t think AliExpress deal with Paypal. AliExpress is a service available to many different Chinese sellers, some ok, some not so honest. I wouldn’t take my chances with my credit card number...... but I also have a debit master card which I keep only for online purchases. By keeping a balance of only a few dollars in it, it doesn’t represent a risk. I transfer funds to it for each purchase I use it for.

I also take the view that it is wise not to buy anything online for more than you are prepared to lose. That said I have never been ripped off & have been buying online for over 10 years, but it does happen.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 557430

Reply By: Phil 23 - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 07:22

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 07:22
My experiences are the purchase of 2 instant gas water heaters.
(Or Tankless hater heaters as seems to be their term).

Both delivered really promptly & exactly as described.

An 8l/min & an 18l/min on separate occasions.
Both used in outdoor areas, permanently plumbed, to give hand washing water outside & in the shed.

Paid ridiculous prices like $130 & $175 for each.
Postage was around $30.

I know they are unapproved, but seem well built, battery powered, & the 4kg gas bottles are turned on & off with each use.

Cheers.
AnswerID: 557432

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 08:48

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 08:48
Aliexpress don't pay the Seller until you post feedback. So if it all turns bad I guess you can get your money back from Aliexpress, instead of from the Seller.

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 557433

Reply By: TomH - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:12

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:12
I have just bought an item via Ali Express and despite buying what the seller says is the correct thing it doesnt work. Was hard to get answers from the seller so I raised a dispute
Yesterday I got an Email from Ali Express to say seller hadnt answered the dispute within the correct time frame and I would get a refund and not have to return the item. Was only $40 but is my $40 after all
AnswerID: 557436

Reply By: brushmarx - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 14:03

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 14:03
I have purchased over a dozen items from Ali Express, including a Samsung Mobile phone.
I had one delivery disappear, opened a dispute and had an offer of replacement or refund.
As the delivery times can exceed many weeks, I opted for the refund and it was in my account 5 days later.
I trust them more than EBay and Gumtree as far as payments by money transfers.
Cheers.
I'll get there someday, or die wanting to.

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 557439

Reply By: 925 - Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 16:15

Monday, Jul 27, 2015 at 16:15
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Advertising/Self-Promotion Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
AnswerID: 557441

Reply By: Tony H15 - Tuesday, Jul 28, 2015 at 09:39

Tuesday, Jul 28, 2015 at 09:39
Bought dozens of items from aliexpress, a couple of items got lost but a refund was givenin a day or two. Great to deal with and aliexpress jump on rogue traders very, very quickly. Only drawback is the delivery time and postage charges on large heavy items. Highly recommend. Much better than ebay.
AnswerID: 557459

Reply By: landseka - Tuesday, Jul 28, 2015 at 11:03

Tuesday, Jul 28, 2015 at 11:03
You don't mention what you are fitting the heater to. As a suggestion, look carafully into the size requirements. A 2kw heater is ample for anything up to a 24' caravan, a 5kw is more suited to a coach type camper.

A 5kw is much noisier than a 2kw and would generate too much heat so would be 'cycling 'on & off constantly suffering the large current draw (10 amps) too often when free camping.
AnswerID: 557462

Reply By: Con_Qld - Tuesday, Jul 28, 2015 at 19:01

Tuesday, Jul 28, 2015 at 19:01
My thanks to everyone who provided very good information. This forum does help with decision making.

Cheers....
AnswerID: 557475

Sponsored Links